A sign of purple?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by coralreefer, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Some of my plants are beginning to develop a purplish color on some of their stems. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a sign of purple being some where in the strain that I have. Or maybe if it is a deficiency or something along those lines in the plants. Thanks all info helpful.

2. stem colouring is just genetics, dont worry, if your leaves turn that colour then worry.

3. But what if it's purple kush?

4. my point exactly. So a purple color on the plant points to purple in the strain. Yee?

5. if its the stem it genetics if its the leaves it the cold air...Your leaves will turn a deep purple when subjected to cold temperatures (irregardless of strain). It always cracks me up when people try to pass off a cold climate outdoor bud as a purple strain.....

6. I've heard about the cold weather turning buds purple. Some people put their buds in the freezer to get the look.

7. dis coloring on the stem is a sign of some problem. at least thats the way ive learned it, purple will come either from strain or temps but more often then not its from temps.

8. well i know its not the temp because i live in norther cali and its fuckin hot all the time. You think the discoloring could be a problem Valley?

9. my stems are usually purple too, after like the 4 or 5 set of leaves. but i never get any purple bud, unless im growing a purple strain.

10. i bet its fine and your worryin too much. feed and let the plant do work, youll be good.

11. the coloring isnt a problem, it just shows something with the nutes is off if i remember correctly it was nitrogen but the plants coping so i wouldnt worry about it, my stems turn redish purple from time too time, you worry too much. just keep on growin.