A sad theory about Lilo and Stitch

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by LostBegonia, Apr 23, 2023.

1. I am probably not the first person to think of this and I know this type of theory is trite and overused, but I just thought about this and was just like......damn

I have been watching the TV series and thinking how incredibly bizarre the show is and how much doesn't make any sense. The idea is Lilo catches each of Jumba's evil genetic experiments and finds their one true place, a cutesy childish idealist idea, creatures programmed for destruction all have the one true place they belong. Meanwhile, Gantu is trying to capture them to give to his boss for evil but somehow..........he apparently can't capture the ones Lilo has found a place for. It is illogical, there is no reason he can't capture them at their respective one true places but we're gonna pretend once Lilo does her thing, they're magically safe.

Meanwhile, Lilo and Stitch cause an obscene amount of property damage, as do the rest fo Stitch's cousins, and there are only sometimes consequences. It is inconsistent, sometimes all the damage results in consequences like Nani being low on money or Lilo and Stitch getting in trouble with the police, but other times it is just ignored. The realistic consequences of all the rampant damage being caused is just insanely overlooked yet suddenly becomes a serious issue when the plot says so

Meanwhile, it's a secret that there are aliens even though EVERYONE HAS SEEN THEM! They even appear on national television. But all humans in this universe are such fucking idiots they don't notice four eyes, or shark shaped heads. They don't notice Stitch isn't a dog. These people just believe explanations like "he's samoan" and ignore aliens right in their faces. Still they don't believe in aliens. The cat would be out of the bag so long ago!

So the point I'm trying to make is this whole damn franchise sounds like a small child making up a story.....a child just like Lilo. The logic is exactly like the kind kids use when making up a story. Actions only have consequences when the story requires it, finding a monster's one true place means its safe forever, and nobody fucking notices strange things

It is believable that a sad orphan girl with no friends and a big conspiracy-oriented imagination like Lilo would make all this shit up to ease her loneliness and sadness. Invent a fantasy world where things are ideal and she helps others who don't belong, just like herself, find their one true place where they're safe and happy forever. I know this type of "all just a dream" theory is trite and repetitive but I just thought of it in relation to this series and am like, damn that just makes so much sense and is depressing

2. I just think when it's a cartoon not everything really needs to make sense or have reasoning or logic. It's a cartoon. This has been going on for years though where people come up with darkish theories behind different cartoons like Rugrats and such. This kinda stuff me and buddies used to do as a teen, get high as fuck and watch cartoons and then the mind goes wild. Good times.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Each cartoon or each fictional franchise in general really does operate on its own bizarre and illogical rules. Which is why I'm really excited that I am now at the point in the series where I'm about watch the crossover episodes that I missed when they first aired. Seeing all the different unique wavelengths cross paths is going to be interesting. It is really hard to reconcile this series as being in the same universe as most any other series, but the same can be said of each series it has a crossover with

• Winner Winner x 1

4. above due next year, its in the rules you have to be over 18yo on here

Lilo & Stitch: was an American animated television series produced by Walt Disney. It premiered on September 20, 2003 on ABC, and ended on July 29, 2006 after airing 65 episodes in two seasons.
    In his 2018 book The Encyclopedia of American Animated Television Shows, author David Perlmutter wrote that the show's concept was "saddled [...] with formulaic and derivative elements" that were not found in the original film, though he praised Kevin McDonald's vocal performance as Pleakley, calling said performance "clever and amusing" and "the show's central [sic] grace".

• Winner Winner x 1