A sad story

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannibasity, Oct 14, 2009.

1. my grandmother is suffering from Alzheimer. she is 86 years old and day by day she keeps loosing it more and more. one day after coming home from smoking some amazingly dank strawberry kush. i began to actually start to feel her suffering. maybe because i was high i started to realize this. as i sat down to enjoy a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch she began to interrupt me with her usual shenanigans. she said "peter were is my mother. i left her hear this morning and went to work" my grandmother has been retired for 30 years. i told her shes not here, i don't know leave me alone' very rudely. she then went on to pest my brother. my brother bluntly answered "shes dead! she died years ago" my aunt then said "don't play like that i am very serious i haven't seen her all day. she could be in trouble hurt or possibly killed outside. she began to cry. she thought we were making a joke out of something serious. she asked what hospital is she in and what did she die from. we ignored her to the point wear we can hear slight sobs coming from her bedroom. at this point she has stopped crying over her mother. i looked at her and realized her pain. i felt her struggle. i was able to see her long years being an African American women in the 60s working as a homemaker. she never reached the goal that humanity dreads for so much, "the pursuit of happiness'. as i looked into her watery eyes. in her mind she is reliving the time in her life when her mother died. she is reliving all these bad memories in her head. its almost true what they say as you get older you begin to get younger in the head but not in the body. i then thought to myself . is this what we were put here for? we were put here to die, to make memories that we can relive in the afterlife, maybe there is no heaven and hell and our memories judging if they are good or bad will be replayed for eternity as we become an essence to this world. it makes me value the fact that i enjoy myself everyday, i create memories that will last a lifetime and will never get bored of reliving. the world, society everything around us are all things that are trying to make us stray from true happiness. they are just meant to give us an image of what they call happiness. and make us strive for that image of fake happiness. i just wanted to share this with my GC friends, because sometimes i think you guys are the only ones who get me.

2. You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
    -Albert Camus
    :smoke: