A romantic setting to tie a relationship

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by stoneRR, Apr 17, 2009.

1. I was a major dick to this girl I'm seeing and I wanna set things straight by asking her out to basically show that I'm done with the bs and I'm all into her. I really don't know why but she wants a set date or wants me to say a stupid phrase (I think) like "will you go out with me".

She will accept, but I'm looking for at least a semi romantic way of doing so. We've been on dates and shit but she wants to be 'dating' so I'll give her what she wants, I just need a clever way to do it. h

2. hmm spring just hit. maybe a nice walk donw by the river during sunset? a nice expensive dinner at a high class resturant perhaps?

3. #3 justineBTC, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
    I know it's kinda confusing for guys (and some girls) why most girls (most, not ALL) are so into having a title for their relationship and set date when it allllll began. I'm not even sure exactly why it is but it definitely makes them feel more secure in the relationship. Guys are GENERALLY more likely to have sex and not feel attached. It's a lot harder for girls to keep emotions out of it. It all traces back to the cavemen days where men looked for the most fertile women (not woman) to carry on his genetics while women looked for the most stable man (not men) to provide for her family. So yeah, the whole dating game is kinda fucked from the get-go. Anyways... don't do anything that causes you to lie or lead this girl on... but just kinda accept the fact that the timing and the title are important to her.

It doesn't have to be anything over-the-top cheesefest. Just something genuine... My boyfriend asked me to be his girlfriend while we were walking home from the bar one night and although it wasn't anything out of this world special, it meant so much to me because it meant that we were exclusively dating each other and that neither of us was still "on the prowl" or checking out our other options. It kinda sealed the deal for us and stopped all the awkward conversations when our friends would be like, "Oh, so this is your boyfriend?" and we didn't know what to say at that point... like, "Um... Well... we're doin it. And... we hang out all the time.... and... we're doin it."

EDIT*** I guess what you're really looking for are tips, though. A nice dinner is always good... Doesn't have to be crazy expensive but make sure it's a one of a kind place (i.e., not fucking Chile's or TGIF... no chain restaurants or I will neg rep you.... LOLOL j/k). Make sure that if you decide on dinner that you turn your cell-phones off!! Me and my b/f do this because it shows each other that we wouldn't wanna be anywhere else with anybody else..

Sunset's are good (obviously) and a bottle of wine is good but even a 40 of beer works... Don't try and pretend you're John Cusack or some shit... Keep it real 'cause most girls can see right through it if you're trying to impress with some B-movie shenanigans.

At the end of your date, you say something like... "You know what? Today/tonight was so much fun. I had an awesome time and there is nobody else I'd rather have done that with. I'd really like it if you'd be my girlfriend/lady/woman/ball and chain/you get the picture."

4. Thanks for setting things straight, Justine. You answered my questions and now I can understand (the whole security/dating thing). It's almost as if all girls think alike haha

The cell phone comment is a good one, she is always textin someone and it gets fucking annoying as hell. It's like can't you just chill with me, I mean I'm right here and we can actually talk. Plus all that constant clicking drives me insane.

Anyway, I'm thinking of asking her out while watching the sun go down or even better while we are eating a delicious meal at Mickey D's haha just playin about that part. but yeah I just wanted to make it somewhat special, you know?

Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  5. No problem... And if SHE is the chronic texter--- the best way to get her to turn off her phone is to do yours at the same time... Pull out your phone and go, "Hey.. Let's turn off our phones so it's just the two of us for a little while."

And it's not ALL girls, but most. I'm about as one-of-the-guys as they come... Sure, I dress cute and wear makeup, but I don't like to sit around and talk about that shit. I'm like, "smoke a bowl, kill some beers, let's play some Super Nintendo." In spite of all that though, I like my guy to give me the respect he would give any other super girly-girl and recognize that emotional stuff is important to me even if he thinks it's kinda silly.

Take-out and a sunset is really underrated. Get some food at a place that does to-go... Even some tasty ass sandwhiches will do and find a good spot to watch the sunset. Park in reverse and pop the trunk or lay out a blanket if there's any grass anywhere. Like I said before, REAL and SIMPLE ftw.

6. Going to chill with her in a lil bit. I might ask her out under the stars. All depends how I'm feelin really. Let me tell you, I'm feelin damnn good haha. Why I'm in such a good mood I don't know, but I like.

Anywho, real and simple, I like how that sounds. Good advice, I'm glad I posted on GC this morning :D

7. I asked her out then ate that pussy!! Done and done.

:p:D:hello: << I ate her, I grinned, and I clapped