A Right and Wrong w/Aeroponic System

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by op8man, Feb 12, 2007.

1. I purchased a what I call a Hybrid system which is kind of a combo of a couple techniques. It was The Aeroponic Garden from Future Gardens. I started with a setup of watering every 4 hours for 1/2 hour. I had poor growth and yellowing of the leaves and some deformaties. All the advice and reading I was doing was telling me that I was overwatering. I was told to shorten the 1/2 hour to just 15 minutes. The problem got worse. Then I was told that I had a deficency of a nutrient. So I changed my nutrients. A nutrient program that had always worked for me years ago with a flood and drain system. So instead I followed my heart and looked at these aero systems that don't atomize the water into 5-10 micron drops are not true aero systems. They all involve a bubbler like the DWC buckets. So I figured "What the hell". Turned the system on 24/7 and backed my nutes down to my tryed and true recipe. BANG ! yellowing disappears, burn disappears, and I start to get massive growth. I got the same growth in three days that I had achieved in 10 days prior. Moral of the story : These are not aeroponic systems they are just Hybrid DWC systems. Lastly "Go With What You Know" . I am now very happy with my $79 purchase and I duplicated it X6 and for a fraction of the original cost. Rubbermaid Bin, 250GPH Pump, Sprinkler Heads, 6ft.1"PVC, 1 ft 3/4"clear tube., 90 degree elbow, 8ft Weatherstripping, 6 5" net pots, 8 liters Hydroton, and some good beans and your on your way. Wait till you check these plants out. I mix my nutes myself from stuff available locally. Anyone needing a good nute recipe shoot me a message.

2. whats up man which one did you buy? i got the Aerospring from future garden..i had a bad experience with them, they forgot about half the parts with the kit i ordered. they are cheap,i bought a whole differnt bin and changed some things on it. but its ok for my first (hydro/aero) grow. they have one called the nutramist gardens...have you seen that? i want to get one so bad, but is about $700 but it comes with a fogger, that atomizes the soluiton to less than 5 microns its a 16 site setup...could get some major yields outta that. check it out http://www.nutramist.com/nutramistgardens.html :wave:

3. hi there, I have built a similar system but with a twist, two rubbermaid tubs with drains in them, sprayer bars in them, two inches of nutes in them w/airstones, nutes inside for just in case, drains to 30 gal res with pump in their to better deal with hi temps big ph swings and all in all easier to deal with nutes and such

4. ty for tip op8man, I tried to rep you, but it's been to soon since I last repped you, I'll hit you later with it.

5. I think one important thing I do is add OXYPLUS to my solution. Which makes it so over watering is not possible. The tub does leak and I am having problems getting it to stop. Clamps seem to do well though. The plants grew massive growth. Very happy with it. I am having problems getting clones to survive with a cloner I bought. Does anyone have a system that works easily without total fuckin loss.

6. Things are rollin with the tub. Here is a sample of Hollands Hope, Super skunk and purple power.........all for cloning mothers for removal to outdoors on May1. I have to admit this baby does well.
    Well I already posted pics in "Old Timer Returns" so if you want to see how the tubs are working you'll have to go there.
    Ope