A Revolution?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by KeeneGreen, Mar 23, 2009.

1. "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
    The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
    wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
    they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
    it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
    And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not
    warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
    resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
    to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
    in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
    time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"I believe we have undeniably valid grounds for a revolutionary action"
    ~Wulf Zendik

``The ground and soil are ripe for a revolt by the American people" ~Ralph Nader

So what do you think? Should we have one? A revolution undertaken by the people, for the people, in order to better the country we live in. A government which can imprison anyone, for any reason. A government which no longer listens to the people, but instead is bought and run by money and a select few.

While I think the time has come, it is a large issue with many possible perspectives, so what do you think GrassCity?

2. if i saw one id deffinatly join in.

3. Yeah... there is a now a federal agent on the way to your house... heh. TREASON! hrmmm... we could have a stoner revolution... but we'd probably forget about it until three days after it was supposed to happen... wait... what were we talking about again?

4. :smoking:...............Of course this is all in hypothetical theoretical thoughts

5. hope you packed your gas mask and flap jacket dude, you try and rebel against our Government in this day and age and you liable to get the shit beat out of you by the people sworn to protect you. The Government doesnt take kindly to any opposition of their own greedy power. Sure i would love to see the American Government overthrown and reorganized in the eyes of the people and not $$, but sadly that will never happen unless you are talking bout the end of days which then this might happen.

6. how would you guys, personally, start a rebellion?

7. With a rebel yell, duh.

8. sorry bro, drinkin today for the first time in about a year cuz theres no green anywhere.

well how would you rally people to fight for you? i really wonder about these things sometimes

9. HAHA, lovin' the Billy Idol refrence!

10. i'll be explosives expert for the rebel alliance!

do not doubt me.

11. lmfao you said pancake!!!!!

Lolololol

12. give obama a little mroe time, and when he ain't fixed anything... COUNTER CULTURE REVOLUTION!!!!! sorry, i was born in the wrong generation, kinda just hopin somethin like the 60s happens again... a nice renaissance in the good ol U S of A; i think we're about due.

13. Well a revolution can come about in a variety of ways, But I think that if we look at history we notice that the attempts at a counter culture revolution were excellent, but the government was able to destroy and or overpower most of the "hippies" to the point where their existence is no more a powerful force.

14. #14 Denialz, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
  15. if things dont change something will definitely go down eventually. but it wont be as easy to do as it used to be back in the day, i think

16. #16 Poisongage, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
    That's the problem right there.

People are waiting for each others responses. And that is no good with the mainstream we have today where most of the population has been brainwashed into obedience.

Revolution should also not be violent. It should be peaceful. Otherwise - it would not be a true revolution, for all wars and most revolutions have been bloody and hateful and whilst they have been so - they have failed.

Where the British Empire had all the power and might in the world, Ghandi had only his principals of peace. And he conquered the British Empire be sticking to these principals. Never give in to the temptation of violence and destruction but keep on educating people with the truth. Knowledge is the foremost thing in a revolution - without it, even a peaceful revolution would fail.

17. While I disagree with your theory of a peaceful revolution, You speak the truth when talking about knowledge, although Aldous Huxley said it best, "Great is truth, but still greater, from a practical point of view, is silence about truth. By simply not mentioning certain subjects... totalitarian propagandists have influenced opinion much more effectively than they could have by the most eloquent denunciations. "

18. #18 Cameron8679, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
    I think revolution in this country is still a distant possibility, but I really do mean distant. Doubt such a thing would happen in my lifetime. Though, I admit I could totally be eating my words in my old age, especially if the current conditions of the globalized economy continue to worsen and people get fed up enough to initiate mass uprising. Or at the very least, begin some measure of widespread or semi-widespread armed conflict. The key? If the forces and trends we are just now seeing surface and take influence today begin to amass momentum and truly bring us to a scary new world, then there's always some hope (however little) for armed insurrection.

19. if the financial situation isn't turned around soon, these bank robbers will be our freedom fighters.

20. i have load of kids that want this in my area. We want to start up some kind of Organization