A Revolution Will Unfold

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by alicedee07, Aug 10, 2009.

1. #1 alicedee07, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
    Ok bear with me cuz I am just insanely blazed :smoking: But I was watching this video...[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwIHmHb1cSU]YouTube - Cops & Clergy Condemn the War on Drugs[/ame]

And I could not help but look back at the civil war, one of the bloodiest in history, caused by an immoral issue such as slavery. However, slavery wasn't the only part to play in the cause of such a horrific war. The issue of state vs federal law was a major factor as well. The states of the south wanted to continue to have their own choice of electing their own social policies, and this is exactly what is going on today. The medical marijuana states are clashing with the federal government to enforce their state laws voted upon by the people. The conflicts will escalate once more and more states adopt medical marijuana, and will get even worse once the first state legalizes marijuana. The federal government will fight back much harder, and conflicts will only worsen. And while drug policies are not as damaging to humans as slavery, drug laws are causing devastation to this nation. I see too many similarities?

Will a civil war erupt over weed? No, I am definitely not saying that, but there are too many things this country is going through right now. Many things will change in time, and I feel like drug policy will be one of the many things in a spectrum of events leading to a mass revolution.

2. I am really really impressed that you typed that while blazed.

As for what you're saying, I think that while a war won't be fought over legalization, it will cause a widening gap between the liberal and conservative mindsets. People in 60 years are going to look back at this time as the time when everything changed, and sure enough everything is changing. For the better? We'll just have to stay along for the ride and see.

3. that was epic.....

4. I don't think a war will start over this, but when the full truth of cannabis comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a little bit of violence.

5. What do you mean when the truth comes out?! Its already out, just not mainstream. So i guess that's what you mean.

I agree OP i am always talking to people about how bullshit state vs federal is. We already have had wars on it.

The fucking papers themselves say to let states decide on issues that aren't decided in the constitution and declaration of independence, and yet here we have bullshit presidents like nixon throwing drug enforcement agencies as federal overlords. Free to do however they please as they answer to no authority at all.
    (as an example that raid on multiple california dispensaries back in 08 where they took 100's of thousands of tax dollars to never be seen again.) *Just where the fuck did that money go!!!!!!!!!

6. I've been pushing people to make a move instead of just sitting around talking about it, but inevitably the answers are "theres nothing we can do" or "They'll get to it eventually" or something like that. That's great to say while hundreds of thousands of people are arrested on non violent offenses involving marijuana and being imprisoned with violent offenders.

I am sick of it.

I don't think anyone should have to hide anymore, and its because we've been forced underground that it has taken so long for anyone to even discuss the issue. If everyone who smoked unanimously decide it wasn't illegal to them anymore and operated as such, the criminal justice system on a federal level would go into overload. They would be flooded with people until they realized that half their damned population is imprisoned.

Ad to preemptively nip the devils advocate, this ideal does not apply to violent crime's (ie: A rapist should not take a stance that rape is legal.) as these are crimes which effect people.

7. Love this video.