A rant

Discussion in 'General' started by loueppi, Jul 23, 2013.

1. I am new to this community but have often turned to this site for advice and answers that other sources couldnt deliver. So to start off I would like to thank all of the more experienced users that have gotten me out of quite the pickle in the past.  Unfortunately my post will either be ignored or probably met with heavy criticism and believe me, I can see how what I am about to write can be viewed as entirely hypocritical and generally unpleasant.

For starters, so you can get an idea of who I am, I will introduce myself; I am male, 21 years old, have been smoking regularly for the past 5 years and lived all accross europe since I left home aged 17 to study. In the past few months I have noticed that I have a growing disdain for a certain type of stoner that is becoming ever more prevalent in the countries I frequent. I refer to two types to be exact:

1. The sort that believe that because of the fact that they smoke, have some sort of greater understanding of the world, that they are in a circle of people that have become "enlightened". Allow me to elaborate; more often than not these people will exclusively seek contact with other stoners of this type and will tend to have discussions about the poor deluded people that have such little understanding, or an inferior sense of empathy and will never understand what they are on about because they are either too conformist or too blind to fathom the mystical power of the herb. What bothers me about this is the fact that they have the need to feel superior to non-smokers, the desire to feel special and the general I-art-greater-than-thou nonsense they convey. What is even more enfuriating is that these people will almost always "fit in" to a certain style, sort of like a uniform that stands for "I am against the system, I refuse to conform and fit in". I do not see the point and find it hypocritical, they preach tolerance for their kind, yet give none to the dude in the formal shirt, they have essentially created a new standard to comply to. 

2. This group tends to be younger and I understand that many of them have faced problems at a young age that I have yet to be confronted with, their reaction however is childish in my eyes. These are the type that hang out at the park or at the lake in the afternoon, on a peaceful day with nice weather. Most of you will think now "What is the problem? We all enjoy this, who are you to want to deny them that right?". My problem with it is that 9 out of ten times this group of juveniles will pull up with a noisy scooter kicking up dust while playing unpleasant music in a terrible quality from their mobile phones. When this happens i feel a type of sickness in my chest, and I see the same sickness building up in most of the other people that are watching them roll up while trying to have a break from their stressful lives. They will inevitably be as loud as possible and mercilessly disturb the peace, talking in full volume about how incredibly cool they are. Give it five minutes and they will be rolling up their first joint in plain sight of all the children who are there at the time and spark it up on the bench, sitting of course not like intended but with their ass on the backrest and their dirty boots smearing soot all over the seats. They will continually swear, oggle people, and often randomly shout at people or openly make fun of them. All I can think in these moments is: "why would you do that?".

A more concrete example, I tend to go to a particular lake with my girlfriend to catch some sunrays, simply imagine an idyllic oasis of peace. A friend and I went through quite the effort and financial inconvenience to attach a rope to a tree overhanging the lake in order to jump in from the tree to have some laughs. All the kids and even some older people had a blast on this thing, but thanks to the above mentioned group 2 it lasted no longer than three days, regardless of how well we attached the thing. I arrive at roughly 4pm at the same place we always go only to find that a bunch of annoying group 2 kids are climbing up the tree, raping our construction, taking it off tying it to another branch which makes absolutely no sense since you can get no proper thrust from that location and on top of it all they fastened a rusty bicycle handle instead of the standard knot to swing from. All of this of course while toking up some substandard weed in front of parents and children alike of course, shouting obscenities. It is like they simply have no respect for anything. While I understand this is a public place which I dont own, and they have an equal right to be there as I do and its somewhat my fault for letting it hang there my issues with this are:

-The new location allowed the smaller kids to reach the rope, which could potentially be very dangerous as there are horrible branches poking out the tree, all it takes is for one of the kids to be scared, not let go, and come crashing straight back into the tree impaling themselves.
    -Why fix it if it aint broken? It feels as though they just wanted to add their personal touch because one of them was too weak to hold on to a knot so they decided to just destroy the whole thing, fabricating an abomination of crappy knots and rusty metal.
    -You can no longer have fun with it, a backflip is impossible without ripping your ballsack open on the bike handle.

This thing is already long enough and I am all out of rant and whinge. I felt the need to share this primarily to vent and to see if there are other people which agree with me. But I would also welcome people pointing out the fallacies in my thinking or criticizing the fact that I stereotype too much. 

2. Just finished reading it, and i cant remember what it was about.....

3. Yup. This is why I don't hang out with people that smoke or do any drugs) on a regular basis.

4. I don't have any problems with what you say here man. They sound like complete dicks with no respect for other people.

5. I can definitely agree with most of it, except for the repeated emphasis on smoking in front of other people. If I'm outside enjoying myself, smoking a blunt, I'm not going to worry about hiding my use from parents, children, whoever. I really don't care what they think or if they are offended, and they have the freedom to simply go somewhere else anytime they want.

Does that make me selfish? Maybe.

But I give no fucks.

6. OP just mad cuz he doesn't know the great and infinite mysteries of pot

7. lol same here drugs are the devils work