A rant about the green...

Discussion in 'General' started by JackHorror, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Well, this isn't really a rant about marijuana. More-so the crappy dealers around that don't know what the hell they're selling!

Lemme elaborate, in my town, I used to buy just grams and 1/8s, but before I went to pick up, I'd ask my dealer(s) what the name of the strain was. 90% of the time I'd get a "It's kush don't worry about it."

I don't know about you guys, but after awhile of getting mystery weed that said to be "kush" I get annoyed. What kind of kush was it? I'll never know.

I think that if a dealer is going to deal, they need to get their names straight. With my new dealer I've never had that problem. Every time I go get something, she responds with the name, high and what it looks like BEFORE I even get there. That's how I think a dealer should work.

Another crap story, told to me by a friend near Detroit, said that they call all their weed that's grow hydroponically "dro". What? Last I remembered, dro wasn't the highest quality weed. At least from what I'm used to.

Well that's my rant, if this is the wrong forum, my apologies in advance. If a mod can take it to the right one I'd love them forever <3.

-Jack

2. a dealer can do whatever they want, cuz not everyone gives a shit about the name. and not every bud will have a name.

3. Dealers just want your money, so they call it whatever they want. Pretty much all BS unless your dealing with dispensaries, thats a different story

4. I'm not, but a dealer is basically running a business. Businesses that don't know their own product is bad business.

I can understand those no name buds, but when you're in a small town, those usually don't come around too often, if ever.

5. I know exactly what you mean, a guy I bought from told me it was some Jack, the high was extremely couch locky :rolleyes:

6. I feel ya man, I always like to get a name usually means It's dank. My dealer now is pretty on top if it, most of my guys have been. No not every bud will be name brand but a dealer should know their product I agree.

7. #7 NySt0nerPunk, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
    it's mostly about the money, They have taking huge risks. Most people smoke indicas, It's cheaper and easier to grow, You make the most profit.

That's why people grow their own, It's cheaper, It's a learning experience, You save so much money.

Unfortunately not many people with the privilege to grow, So they resort to dealers, Which is risky, And a lot of people end up getting large amounts and setting the dealers up, or the dealers skimping.

And people continue to get locked up, they push weight, they don't know how to keep shit on the downlow, Or are just careless.

They actually make money on keeping it illegal, So like way more people smoke than we think. It's just sad.

They really want it illegal, And they know why too, they smoke it themselves i can bet on that, They are greedy, They want to keep people under control.

Guess what? If the gov is not making profit on it, It's illegal.

It would be impossible to regulate if legal, they would not make a penny.

Sativa actually makes people smart, it's like food for your brain.

Whatever, it's all about the money in the end. Everything is fucked up because of it.

All we really wanted to do is have a good time, good vibes and get high. Unfortunately money prevents that.

8. Dude don't worry about the name. Sure its nice to have something to call it but 90% of the time its probably not going to be what they say it is. They just give their product a label to push it out faster. If it gets you high the way you like then smoke it, whether its called kush, chronic, sour diesel, whatever.

peace:smoke:

9. I honestly dont care about names of strains when it comes to dealers because most of the time it isnt even the strain

Aslong as it looks dank im fine i dont care nigguh.

10. be happy youre getting kush bro.

11. Here's some FYI Jack.

90% of the time when a street dealer has weed they are going to call it whatever they want. I got a few friends who do this and if you tell the custies that it's Kush they don't come as often. Now if they call it Skywalker or OG Kush guess how many people call a day? It's insane at what the difference is and the best part is EVERYONE believes it. You can literally sell an ounce of all grams in about an hour.

Unless your dealer knows a grower or grows themselves they are not going to know the name or exact strain of the marijuana you are smoking.

I'd almost put money on it that the girl dealer you have is throwing names out to keep people happy like yourself. In reality though really you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference if it was actually a sativa or an indica.

Only time I smoke real strains and know what it is, is when a friend of mine sends us some in the mail from California.

12. Like I said, I switched dealers, someone who does business how I like it.

Regardless of if there's a name or not, I like information, I don't like a mystery.

13. I've known this girl for 10 years, she knows the growers, so I know what I'm getting no matter what.

And to agree with one of the above posts, yes if it looks dank I'll smoke it, but I enjoy knowing what it is I'm smoking.

14. Then you are all good. Keep the connect as long as possible!

15. man if it looks good smells good and smokes good who gives a fuck. Im tired of weed snobs "OMG I JUST PICKED UP SOME JACK THE RIPPER AND AM SO FRIED". Some no name bud's are some of the best I have ever had, I knew the grower. He didnt know the strain name so he didnt make one up. He just called it weed.

16. As long as it gets you high, mayne...

17. i'm not trying to come off as a snob. And I don't mind no name strains, as long as I know who the grower/dealer is.

18. Plan too man. Helps when they're like your little big sister (smaller than me just older). Hooks it up :p.

And yeah even though I've switched dealers, I'm just trying to vent, and if anyone else has the same issues they're welcome to vent as well. I just feel that if you don't know the name or something, keep it not named and not just say "it's kush". Because for all you know, it might be some like crazy headfuck strain that people rarely see these days.

19. Weed is weed dude. Once you've been smoking enough the name doesn't even matter. 80% of the time I pick up my bud without knowing the strain name, the other 20% I ask him for shits and giggles and only about half the time he even knows

Dank is dank. The strain names are a way of making it sound more appealing, it also classifies the weed, which is good if a certain strain provides you better relief, such as what would be needed in the dispensary industry.

Bottom line: unless you own a dispensary who gives a shit

20. And about the word ''dro'', it's just short for hydroponic. Hy-''dro''-ponic

Hydroponic usually has bigger yields and higher quality than regular and should be higher quality weed.

Call dank what it is: dank. Use dro if you know for sure it's some hydroponic otherwise you'll sound stupid