A quote that changed your life?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by _SourD, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Or in general, just in a way sank down deep into you? For me, it was "Everybody dies. But not everybody lives." It hit me like a ton of bricks during a rocky time in my life.Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. "There's a world of difference between what we can see, and what IS."

3. A mere friend will agree with you, but a real friend will argue. - Russian Proverbs

4. #4 dubaba, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    Dont remember the quote but it was in the book siddartha by herman hesse, toward the end.

edit- I guess it wasnt really a quote, but just the ending of the book. The book talks about how we shouldnt fear/dislike something that is bad, because without bad there is no good. We should appreciate the bad, because it can remind us of all that is good.

But I found a quote from the book that also really rang true with me

"When someone seeks...then it easily happens that his eyes see only the thing that he seeks, and he is able to find nothing, to take in nothing because he always thinks only about the thing he is seeking, because he has one goal, because he is obsessed with his goal. Seeking means: having a goal. But finding means: being free, being open, having no goal." Herman Hesse

5. "Easy to dream a dream, but harder to live it. Ambition."

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390626237.641668.jpg There's a lot of quotes that I find amazing ill edit if I find more

7. #7 Sciapodous, Jan 25, 2014
     "Thank you. And so it is with God."

From the movie "The Life of Pi" It didn't change my life, but it did broaden my viewpoint on religious people. I can't really explain how without spoiling it for people who haven't seen it. Didn't change or even challenge my lack of religious beliefs, but it did really make me think.

8. "A man who tries to be good all the time, will surely be destroyed by those who are not good. For a man who sees the world as it should be, rather than how it is brings about his own destruction rather than salvation." Niccolo Macheivelli 

9. One day my woman told me this.......

"Grow the fuck up!"

It stuck that time.

10. "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you think, 'okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna. The all time legend :( rip.

11. #12 crutton, Jan 25, 2014
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you're hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody!"

Rocky Balboa

12. "Anyone who let's the color of their skin dictate what they can, and can not do as a person. Limits themselvs as a human being" 

fallacious...

14. #15 Funk-D, Jan 25, 2014

You can fallacious these nuts. Read a history book. Good men die. Because they are good. 

Good men do die, in the flesh. They live on in Spirit.

They do not die for being good. They die at the hands of the opposite, wrong doing.

16. Its a good quote, but I think a person can see the world as they want it to be, while still being aware of how it really is.

Death isnt a bad thing imo. I would rather die being a good man, than live being a terrible one.

17. #18 Funk-D, Jan 25, 2014

I'm not going to argue intangible concepts because we won't get anywhere. I don't believe in spirits.  

But I'll say this. 

No one remembers the men Alexander The Great conquered. They do remember Genghis Kahn. And in my opinion if a good man dies, he lost. 

What is good, and what is bad is determined by the majority. But to the victor...go the spoils. Whoever gets to go home and get some pussy is the winner. 

That is where we are different. I do what whatever it takes to survive. There is very little I will NOT do to live. I like living. Death isn't bad? You ever smelled a dead person? They smell like shit. And the smell of shit is bad. 

18. "Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me."

`The Sith Code

19. "I'm pregnant"  -  Ex-girlfriend