A Queston on Organic Teas.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by letdoit, Apr 18, 2013.

1. well maybe you can help me with this. Can I Mix a decent soil and feed my plant teas throughout the rest of the grow? The tea would be mostly bone meal( then according to cycle switch to P &\tK) mixed with water plus some organics like ewc. Would that work ?

2. Why give your self more work with teas. Teas can often "Unbalance" your soil.
    Why not build your self a soil that will balance its own ph, has everything you need and all you need to add is water light and a bomb phenotype

Easy Soil Mix

3. you could top feed as well.i would just use the ewc for teas with a lil mollasses.just remember that less is more so dont go over board. the whole purpose for teas is to introduce bacteria to your soil to boost your micro herd. you take care of the microbes an they take care of the plant.

hope that helps... happy farming

4. Let me correct this.

An ACCT is used to increase the micro herd, which normally included Castings/Compost with a very small amount of Molasses.

A Botanical Tea which I think the OP is talking about, is used as an additional boost in compounds/elements and these often lower the pH of the soil. So if you were to apply a tea more then once a week, depending on your humus your pH could go out of wack quite easy trust me.

Botanical Tea example would be 1/4cup Alfalfa to 1pint / 1cup alfalfa to 1gal

5. Your math is off. :rolleyes:

6. That's how I do my tea's wise guy!

7. Not trying to be a wise guy. Your ratios do not match. If you used 1c per gallon, your ratio of 1/4c per pint would yield a solution at half strength. 16 cups in a gallon, you know?

So which ratio is the correct one?