Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

a question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Lya6, Jul 24, 2013.

1. I have been smoking a little every day for the past 3 years, usually when i get off work i just get high and keep it going til i go to bed. Doesn't take too much for me because I'm actually a petite female, 1 or 2 joints will last me all day depending on how high I want to be.

I came down with a really bad cold where I couldn't even smoke because it just made me cough more and it got too painful so I just quit for about a week til the cold was pretty much gone, and started my routine back up again.

Some minor cold symptoms never went away but they didn't really stop me from smoking. Still kind of stuffy / runny nose and I would just cough abnormally more after smoking for about 20 or 30 minutes. My husband advised me to see a doctor which I did. I was diagnosed with Sinusitis (sinus infection) and was given 7 days of antibiotics. Felt 100% perfect on the antibiotics... and didn't quit smoking while taking them. Was this a mistake?

When the 7 days of antibiotics ended I noticed the cough come back only slightly at first. But 2 or 3 days later my cough and sinus infection was back to full force. This really frustrated me because I don't really enjoy going to doctors and taking medications from doctors so I decided to take over the counter Dayquil whenever my cough is unbearable.

About a week ago i noticed that if i take Dayquil right before smoking half a J (a really good amount for me) I don't cough, and my symptoms are completely gone for the next 4-6 hours. This has prompted me to start taking Dayquil liquid cough medicine just before smoking every 4-6 hours. If I'm not on dayquil my symptoms are amplified 100% when i smoke.

I've tried vaporizers, bongs, and joints all the same. Almost unbearable to smoke without taking Dayquil first. I'm wondering if this is ok? Kind of makes me feel dizzy when I mix the 2 (not in a bad way though.... lol)

TL;DR   really bad cold led to sinus infection. antibiotics didn't kick the infection and now im taking dayquil everytime i smoke to counter the infection symptoms... WHAT DO?

2. STEP 1: Stop smoking.

STEP 2: Go back to doctor for antibiotics

STEP 3: Don't smoke while on antibiotic regimen