A question on transplanting(yes I already searched)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WildSe7en, Mar 1, 2010.

1. #1 WildSe7en, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010
    Hi all! I've been a lurker on here for awhile and I had a question and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Ok here goes..

When you're transplanting into a bigger pot, can you used the same soil from the smaller pot the plant was already in? I'm just worried about using the same soil cuz it has the nutrients in it from using the Foxfarm GrowBig

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

-W7

2. Are you asking if you need to sake off the old soil and put the roots in new? no

when transplanting all you need to do is let the pot dry carefully remove the old pot and place in a new pot that has some dirt on the bottom. No need to worry about old and new soil. Just dont use the same soil for multiple grows. Mold and pests are a bitch....

3. yeah i think its safe to say if you transplant your plant and get rid of the soil it was in.... it will die

just cut down the side of the cup or planter

or if the roots are really healthy you might even be able to just pull it out, soil and all then just make a hole in your next planter and just pour some soil around whats already there:):wave: good luck

4. You SO did not search...

5. To the post above. I found many threads on transplanting clones and transplanting itself but none that pertained to my question.

To the others, thank you so much for your input. The help is greatly appreciated!

+ rep to you guys :D

-W7

6. You want to leave the roots alone as much as possible so definitely leave them in the soil they are in. Only exception might be if you used really bad soil or one with time-released ferts in it, and even then you would want to flush that stuff out more than try to scrape it away.

Just put the whole existing root ball into a hole of the same size in the new soil in the new bigger pot.

7. 10-4 gotcha. Thanks buddy ;)