Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A question from a grower

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Chenry, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Hi gang!
    I have a question, but first I must give you the scenario. I’m a seasoned grower and not in California or one of the other legal places.
    Over the years I have done a ton of manicuring and I am in the habit of leaving all but the tips of only the tiny frosted sugar leaves. When hung to dry they give a little protection to the buds and since they are small and frosted it is my belief that I am going to be loading my scissors with someone else’s weed if I do the kind of bald ass buds I see with people over handling them for the sake of nothing but calyx’s.
    My question is, what are you wanting? I’m not too keen on what I consider rough handling, but hey, if you need it bricked I will do it but I am not thrilled to. Assuming that you are getting extra weight, there is no shake, but you have trichome encrusted mini leaves left in the bud and two hits is too much. How important is it to get rid of the sugar baby leaves?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Thats a really good tip about leaving the sugar leaf on to protect the bud when drying it also would help regulate the drying process a bit better and help the buds dry out more even.

I wouldnt get all anal about removing the sugar leaves like parting the bud to pull every last bit out ha ha it's just best just cut them flush to the bud before curing that way you arnt knocking all the frost off the nugs.

3. I think the sugar leaves smoke just great. I believe in being heavier than expected and I only take the tops of my girls, so all the small and wispy stuff and not so wispy stuff becomes butter or dab.
    This guy is wound a little to tight for my comfort zone but I did want to see what everyone expects. I know I am looking at how carefully it has been handled first, I have an expectation of potency and then I want to know that if I paid for an ounce or a quarter that I wasn’t shorted.
    Anyway, I was quite happy saying no.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here’s a better picture

Attached Files:

5. #5 jay719, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    For me personally, what I expect depends on what I pay. Rough trimmed stuff like that isn’t bad at all, but it isn’t worth top dollar either. Sugar leaf tips aren’t really protecting anything and if the slight bit of loss makes a significant difference then something is wrong.You also aren’t getting more weight by leaving sugar leaf on, you are getting, or giving, less bud. A quarter oz is a quarter oz and having a higher percentage of leaf means a lower percentage of bud. Unless the weed is being sold by volume and not weight, more leaf just isn’t a bonus.

• Agree Agree x 2