Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A QUESTION for those who have been toking for years.......

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by celtics, Mar 20, 2010.

1. This is for the frequent tokers who have smoked regularly for years...

Do you still get high anymore?
    Do you really remember what it feels to be high? Does weed do nothing more to you than merely satisfy cravings? Does being high feel like being sober to you?

2. If your asking this question, your either not getting good weed or just plain out nosy about things that you have to learn from experience. There are billions of types straings and how potent a weed can be. You never lose your high, its just your mind chooses not to get high because your getting paranoid about, what if questions.

3. I've been a daily smoker for a couple years now. I still get high.

4. ive been smoking daily for about 7 years now and i still get high. its not the same as when you first start tho. but a t-break for a couple weeks can fix that:):smoking:

5. yeah I've been smoking for 3.5 years and i definitley still get high!

are you smoking the same strain all the time? try smoking different kinds of weed, with each different strain the high is different. Whenever I get a new bag I always feel higher from that first bowl.

6. :smoking:
    Been at it for over 40 years. I'm fortunate enough to have different strains stashed away, I seldom finish every gram from every grow before something else sprouts up. I date them, seal them and name them; that way I always have something different to eat, smoke, vape etc. I've got some weed (not alot) right now thats almost 2 years old and still works just fine. Plus I've always got a batch of firecrackers and green dragon at hand and ready to use. Be creative and you won't lose your high.
    [​IMG]
    Peace.

7. ^ Pro. 40+ years. +REP

Lol take me under your wing :p

8. honestly. ihop. i worship you. youra god:hello:

9. haha yeah ^
    40+ years is amazing

10. well theres no way i get near as stoned as i did when i started, but i get high.

it does suck when i can only find the same mids for an extended pd of time. after a while i'll feel calm and relaxed, but not too high.

11. I smoke at least 5 bongs a day, every day, for the last 25 yrs (except for a 3 month break in 08 to get clean for a job drug test). And I still get high everytime I smoke. The level of the high depends on my body and the strain of weed, but I get high every time.

12. I too have been smoking for 40+ years from back in the days weed cost 10 bux a lid and they were huge bags of weed. It mostly all seemed good back then and wasn't always a bunch of buds either.

There was about a 20 year period when I didn't get as high as I liked. It seemed all I could find was low grade weed that if it did get you high it didn't last very long and that was usually just with the first few joints of new stuff.

In 2007 I started reading grasscity looking for a way to get some better herb when I decided to try growing my own. For the last 2+ years I have smoked some of the best weed I can remember (except for a few exceptional times when I was much younger), I have smoked more of it and it cost me less than a bag of crap weed a month. My perpetual grow has consited of up to 3 different strains growing at once (Purple Cindy, Cluster B and Skunk) with a harvest every 2 weeks. With that I have been able to remain high these last few years. Currently I am trying a couple of new seeds from different strains looking to add some new stuff to my garden.

The key is switching strains and even methods of getting the THC into your body. Eating it is different than smoking it and that is something I am looking more into these days. It seems that I am starting to feel 40+ years of smoking having an effect. When all else fails I guess a tolerance break is in order.

13. Been at it for a good 5 years and the ganja sometimes lose it's magic but that's nothing a quick break can't fix. Last t break was only 4 days and some very cheap dank came around. Was happily high off like a half a doob, and before that break I could smoke a fat joint and have one straight after then I'd be high.

14. I'm 21, been smoking for about 6 years and I still get high! :) I take t-breaks about every 3-5 months, though

15. I've been at it it for 2-3 years, I take breaks and I rarly smoke anymore since my tolerence is so low. I do like to vaporize but I don't like getting super high usually.

16. kind of off subject, but how do you store bud for long periods of time without it drying out? this isn't just for ihop, anyone can feel free to answer

17. Proper dry and cure along with clean mason jars with fresh seals will go a long way to preserve your buds.

18. ^^ NYCdeisel is right on track.^^
    I've tried a few different ways, the at home vacum bags work also, but that tends to flatten out the bud over time, Mason jars work just fine, and if you have a freezer throw them in there, I don't think it degrades the THC that much.. That's where I found the 2 year old bud. Like I said be creative!
    [​IMG]
    Peace.

19. Been smoking about a year and a half, everyday, 5+ decent sized bowls a day. I still get a good, strong high for at least an hour off a bowl of even relatively bad quality. Tolerance isn't too big of a deal.

20. +rep for a fellow old grower.

To the OP. Of course I still get high from it. If you don't abuse it and you vary your strains you'll always get high.