A question for non-religious people...

Discussion in 'General' started by DreamPCs, May 6, 2011.

1. I'm not trying to start a religion war but I just have a quick question. If you were in a situation where everyone in the room with you (friends, family, loved ones) and they all joined hands and prayed for a loved one, would you guys join in or be the "odd one" and refuse or refrain from doing it.

To answer my own question, I'm not religious but I just joined in on a prayer for my brother. I did it mostly because I'm concerned for his life and as logical as I am one thing I do know is that no one can know for 100% certainty.

2. I'd definitely join in.. Just outta respect for him and his life tho. Just because Atheists don't believe in a floating sky man doesn't mean they aren't spiritual.

3. i woulda joined in cause ya never know whats actually real or not so hey why not. its not like it would hurt if ya did

4. why not

5. Id join

6. In situations where I am in a room predominantly filled with religious folks, collectively praying, I bow my head but don't close my eyes and hear the prayer.

Definitely awkward, but I guess it is better to respect the prayer without compromising (or at least appearing to) my own beliefs.

7. i would join hands with them but i probably wouldn't say anything just because it'd probably be more respectful for me to keep my mouth shut than to do something which i don't believe in, in the name of someone else.

8. I am an atheist, if I'm invited into a prayer circle I join hands and bow my head in respect to their beliefs and customs, but I don't "pray".
    Also, I never lead a prayer, I just decline.

9. Nope, I wouldn't join in.

10. I would bow my head respectfully but my eyes would be open and I'd be texting on my phone.

11. i believe in the Lord,so id join.

but like ass holes,everyones got thier own opinons.
    i dont hate,discriminate,or retaliate.i am a stoner,ya know?:hippie:

12. Yeah.. One time I was at Long John Silver's with a friend of mine and some random old lady walked up on us & started praying. I was like, wtf? But I bowed my head and held her hand out of respect. I could of used the prayer too, was goin through it. It didn't help me much though, lol, prayer/religion/god never does.

13. Pictured this in my head, hilarious. :D

14. What do you guys think caused the big bang?

15. I would join, but it wouldn't mean anything religious to me.

16. I'm agnostic.....I would just cause its culturally correct.

17. I've been in this situation a few times. I join in, no big deal.

18. Yes I would join and just bow my head to pay respects and shiz. But I often go to alcoholics anonymous meetings to support friends and family and whenever they pray, it's damn awkward but I'm usually scoping out the hot chicks haha. It's worth it :D

19. Does it bother you that the USA claims to have judeo-christian values? If so, what values should we live by?