A question for Americans...

Discussion in 'General' started by Digit, Jul 5, 2003.

?

What American are you?

1. European American

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. African American

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Asian American

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. American American

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Another American (not listed above)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. sheeeeat... i aint even american.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. most wise.

appologies for this poll, it took a direction i wasnt expecting, i mearly wanted to poke fun at something.

as a great source of wisdom said...

Seperation is the path to destruction

but i gotta add.... wangs facist ideal of EVERYONE being just american scares me. inferiorwang... are you a member of the PNAC or something?
    :D

2. Alas, have you learned nothing? There you are, categorizing again!

3. I am an American! Plain and simple. Being an American originally applied to the aboriginal inhabitants but it now applies to the descendents of Europeans and others who are born in America, and especially to the citizens. There's no reason for any of us who are citizens of this country to separate ourselves from one another by adding something to our Americanism.

Celebrate the different types of blood that flows through us if we feel the need and celebrate others cultures as well but don't segregate and categorize just for the sake of doing so.

Both of my grandfathers came from different countries to America and other ancestors did as well; I have family that is also of the "true" Native American persuasion. I, however, am American.

4. that was not a category started by me. and it is a categorisation of a group of people who seek to create greater devisions between peoples until we all are under "their" rule. sorry if "i" feel the need to continue to use "their" designation, ... but look at the shit "they" are doing!

i get where you're coming from pot geek (and just incase you dont think i do, have a look at this thread i started ages ago - http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18350 ) . but unfortunately we are stuck with verbal linguistic language and its base in labeling. i hate it as much as you, but if we were to truely rid ourselves of descriptive categorisation we'd have a very hard time discussing things and it would take aaaaages.

roll on a comunicative renaisaunce and total overhaul.

5. me mum is half chekoclovakian (which i spelled miserably wrong) and my dad is a mix of german and scottish and stuff. so im kind of a mutt

6. I am Irish,German,and French.

7. Canabis American? Hmmmm, I guess I'm a cannabis American too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE HE HE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. lol sry dig i lost the point of this thread alittle while ago!

i'm a cajun, french and scottish but i am a women. so being a women out rules any other thing and so therefore it don't matter where i live!!!!

9. Asian Represent!

10. Im an american. Im a mix, my parents are both mixed. Its easier on the whole to just call me what i am, an american. I dont hold myself to any individual group in Europe nor anywhere else in the world so american itll have to be. :)

ick

11. I'm a Native American, I was born in America, therefore I'm a Native damnit! :)

12. You are a American Citizen but not a Native American Indian :) that'sall i'm trying to clarify, simple

13. much respect and thumbs up to all who siad things like, "I'm a FUCKING Earthling/ Human being/ Homosapen !!!
    Ain't that enough to live down, without throwing in all of that other stuff."
    ... but it does make me think.
    where do we draw the line in our definitions? when does it become wrong? could we not just as easily say to anything, "I'm a FUCKING pile of intracatly assembled star stuff !!!" doesnt it only become wrong to make more refined definitions once some other underlying meaning is added?

but still... it has to be said.
    only one person seemed to "get" the craftyness of this poll.

this thread has yeilded far more intersting a responce than i expected tho.

14. digit, its the same concept with your politics talk. I always see you posting about polititcs, or many times for that matter. Arent we just people? What the fuck is a president? What the fuck is a governor? Same with countries, what the fuck is america? what the fuck is england? Its all just land, its all just people. Someone just decided to call it something and write it down in the books. But words mean nothing more than the paper they're written on, we just go by what we learn, although a native is someone who originally came from somewhere. And an american is someone who comes from america. So the native americans were the indians which were here before us. The americans now were the Europeans who came over and raped indian women, killed indian men and children, stole their land, food, and crops, and then kicked them out to indian reservations and bullshit. Now an Indian man has to go through the American system if he wants to be successful just like everyone else. When originally the farm, or the land, or the oil was really his ancestors until some greedy English fucker got off a boat and threw them out.

Just my opinion, im technically European and American as well but it is bullshit the way we came here and treated them.

15. English and native American ancestors. I live in America ,but I cater no one or group.

16. I'm white boy all the way + ??????

17. im the same as gravy, born and raides in the us of a, and just about everything

18. so if two people who were born and raised in the states go on vacation to china while pregnant, and the child is born there, then they have a Chinese kid?? i dont think so... its an american, bottom line.

anyways when i was a little kid i thought an asain would come out if you were born in asia, and a black person would come out if you were born in africa, damn little kids are stupid :p

im Canamercanadian.

19. im 100% caucasion, albino....lmfao!!! white gurl and damn proud of it (but i got tan! ;))

20. damn cracka's....hahaha....jk....

i always rock the tan two....even though..... im white chocolate....