Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A question for all you seasoned tokers

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by xsmallheartx, Jun 1, 2010.

1. So... I always get into arguments with my brother about methods of inhalation.

When I use my bubbler I pull until I see the chambers full of smoke, I then let go of the carb, inhale, then straight back on. No exhale. I do this about 3 times. At the end of the toke I hold it in and blow it out. Visually the smoke doesn't look too impressive because there is not much of it, I am hoping this is because I have inhaled most of it. Is this a good method of inhalation? My brother just does big bongs and blows the smoke out as soon as he inhales.

2. lots of different ways all have upsides and downsides.

I enjoy using your method some of the time you can get some fat rips that way.

but sometimes its good to take smaller rips or shorter ones.

just my thoughts.

3. You're getting thinner exhales for two reasons, neither of which are negatively effecting your technique:

1. By clearing the chamber multiple times you drive the smoke further into your lungs, where more of it gets absorbed. It's just like when you hold in a hit as long as you can and then nothing comes out.

2. By clearing the chamber multiple times you incorporate more air into your hit. When you clear the chamber of smoke, it is then full of air. In order to fill that chamber with smoke again you need to suck the air into your lungs. The alternative of just ripping it without clearing until the end involves less air inhalation, resulting in a thicker exhale.

Again, neither of these are bad, they just happen to result in a thinner exhalation.

4. 1big toke till my bowl is cashed thats how i do it.

5. i call myself seasoned, so i'll let you know of my ways.

when i (or we) are smoking a nice waterpipe, i inhale slowly, but powerfully. slowly so the smoke can settle and get thick.

i can hit a bong so that when it is milked, i can hold the bong up in the air, holding the carb only, and the smoke just sits in the chamber(s).

the top clearly uncovered, the smokes just sits below the lip.

i usually milk the bong, the exhale through my nose, and inhale the smoke into my empty lungs.

and ghost it.

6. i usaully rip a couple at first, then once my lungs get a little sore i just chill and puff. little hits, just to mellow out the high. also a good technique for people that cant take big hits is to puff and open your mouth and do it really fast so u get bursts of smoke and air at the same time. i feel like that mixes the smoke better in your lungs and therefore resulting in a smoother hit.

7. Personally I dont clear the carb untill I'm full. Then I hold it in and exhale after a couple seconds. I think that when you hold it in longer you absorb more THC, but you also absorb more crap thats not THC. I think letting it go as soon as you take the hit is a big waste, cause think about how much THC is still floating around in the cloud.

8. I think you forget I am using a bubbler and inhaling so quickly that nothing seeps out of the carb. It is literally like this:

Thumb on carb, light, pull
    Thumb off carb clear the bubbler .5 seconds
    Thumb back on carb, pull

etc etc

Then first exhale.

9. what he's saying is true, when you let off the carb, no matter what there's going to be air in your hit, resulting in less smoke, so you are getting high... just at a more chill pace.

If i'm ripping- Take it slow til it milks, keep hittin it, let it fill up nice and good, (depending on size), pull slide/release carb finger, inhale all smoke, then air.

if i'm just slowly hittin- take it slow, let on and off carb til desired amt. of hit taken.. just always leave a little room for air thats gotta go down to get that smoke down.

10. Ah, okay thanks.

11. Yes, the thinner the smoke comes out, the more you absorbed :hello:
    That's why I laugh at these clowns exhaling bright white clouds... a tear comes to my eye when I see a cloud of dank go to waste :(

12. well i didnt mean that you letting go of the carb let any smoke out, I was just saying that if you dont suck up as much air from clearing the carb so often you can get more smoke, but its probably a minimal difference.

13. *Click* *Click* Rip. Take a breath. Exhale.

14. I do it the same way man.

15. With bongs I just take snaps. Where one bowl is just enough to cash in one breathe. I don't hold the smoke in my lungs for more then 5 seconds.

16. Exactly, I find that to be most effective even though I usually start a competition with myself to smoke the biggest bowl in one hit, :laughing:.

17. honestly, its up to u how u want to take hits. bigger hits that u hold in i find get u higher much faster than short quick puffs. but u should take what ur comfortable with. it isnt terribly enjoyable to take too big of a hit and cough ur ass off.

18. I just inhale slowly (but still pretty hard) so it doesnt burn as much (so i can get a better hit) and as soon as I feel a little sharp burn in the chest i carb it, hod in in for as long as I possibly can and then ghost it. And ive been puffing for a while it becomes easier to take bigger hits.

19. i hit it like you, i milk the bong (by milk, i mean inhale powerfully but still slowly, so the smoke just creeps up the tube) and when i start to taste the smoke, i stop inhaling, and breath out of my nostrils (while still covering the carb and still have my mouth on the peice) so the smoke stays in the bong, then when i'm all out of air i drop the carb and rip it.

best hits imo :wave:

:smoking:

20. It's always fun to see how many times you can clear a chamber using your method. My personal best is 8 times.