Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A question about tolerance.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Barbaricmarek, Feb 23, 2014.

1. So, I'm seeing quite a few slightly upsetting stories about never being able to be as high as "that one time" on here, and I wanted to know how long it will take me to get there.

Me and a friend go out on Thursdays and pitch together for a ten bag. (£ by the way, and it's completely average weed, nothing shit, nothing special.)

With this we walk home, after having smoked one, maybe one and a half joints (cut with tobacco) and we smoke the rest the day after. Probably about 4 more joints.

If this keeps up, how quickly will my tolerance build up?

A note on the weed: once or twice before I've smoked an inch joint made from the dregs left in the grinder and I ended up lying in bed feeling my face, but at other times I've smoked pretty much the entire ten bag with my friend and I'm still fairly functional. It's a fickle mistress, this weed.

2. #2 cball, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014

don't go full retard by using tobacco...WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Care to explain?

4. One consistent thing about weed, it's inconsistency.

Why do people mix tobacco with weed?

5. My friend and I cut it with tobacco because we can get the tobacco at either end with the weed in the middle, so we can afford to cock up either when lighting it or dropping it right at the end (I don't like the end because It's very easy for me to accidentally swallow smoke, and my friend often burns something because it's so close to his face)

6. Doesn't sound very appealing to me.
    To each their own.

7. So you don't like it because it's just unpleasant?
    I was always pretty sure it conserved weed a bit, so that's what we do.

bullshit excuse to use tobacco "i can't hold a joint to light it or pass it, I need tobacco for that."

you inhale the tobacco smoke..you got a physical addiction going there little kid..grow up, face it like an adult. QUIT USING TOBACCO.

• Like Like x 1
  9. another bullshit myth...you want that nicotine rush, like a junkie, you need that hit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 Darthvaper, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
    Whats your problem the guy was asking a question about his tolerance, no need to start ripping on him because he puts a bit of tobacco in his joints.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah, can we get back to the point now? I'm just curious.

12. If your only smoking once a week you should be fine but if you start to feel like your not getting high just take a t-break for a week or two

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3

oh, you could care less about tobacco, even knowing it kills people that use it or those around the user die via second hand smoke (all facts)...you could care less if people are harming themselves out of ignorance or peer pressure?

..I care, even if you don't.

bad advice...real bad advice...must be a tobacco junkie or someone that doesn't give a shit if OP or others DIE.

15. Alright, forget about the tobacco.
    A ten bag a week, with average weed.
    What's going on with my tolerance?

16. A couple spliffs each week isnt going to become a tobacco addiction quickly. I use to smoke a pouch in a week and never got a addiction from it, was easy to quit for me. I smoked for like 2months at that rate, now I dont smoke on my own or rarely with mates, unless its a special occasion or something when everyone else is smoking.

No need to put bacco at start of spliff just put a little infront of roach, and as soon as you taste it, put it out. I cant see your tolerance changing much if your only smoking on a thursday night/friday every week. It will inly go up real slow with that amount of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  17. If you only smoke once or twice a week and that small amount your tolerance probably wont build for quite a while, months even. and away from the point tobacco really shouldn't be mixed, its two opposite substances and its just not good.

18. Okay guys thanks for the tolerance info, but if I shouldn't use tobacco, what do you suggest instead?
    Isn't it wasteful using only weed?

19. no not wasteful at all! just use it in a bowl or pipe (joint burn very fast)

20. Your tolerance will be fine, you have nothing to worry about if your only smoking Thursday night/Friday, if you want to ensure you're tolerance stays fine, id suggest taking fish oil or some sort of supplement with Omega-3, you need it to build CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid  receptors, if your body is low on omega-3 stores then it will begin "jerry rigging" the receptors with Omega-6 and they wont function properly, and you will notice a rise in tolerance. 

As for tobacco, I vote no, don't do it man, that's gross, and your only hurting yourself with it, smoke only weed in your joints, if you have an issue holding, or burning yourself, then use an extra long cardboard roach so it doesn't burn that far back.

If you feel a joint of only weed is a waste its because you're technically right, but its just as much of a waste when you mix with tobacco, you can lose up to 40-50% of the THC in side stream loss, if you really wanna save weed then go buy a cheap little metal pipe or glass pipe and use that, theres much less, sometimes even no side stream loss (depending on if you cherry your bowl or tamp it out after your hit)   

• Like Like x 1