a question about the mark of the beast

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by weedzilla420, Dec 23, 2009.

1. my question relates to the description in the book of revelations of where the antichrist will force everyone to receive his mark on either their hand or forehead.

i had an interesting theory. we all know the bible speaks in metaphors frequently.
    instead of receiving a literal mark of some sort, could this passage somehow refer to the antichrist controlling thought (forehead) and action (hand)?

2. the microchip

3. which arguably could control thoughts and actions

4. #4 Knee Deeper, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
    That is a very intriguing thought. I've read through parts of the book, and am familiar with the passages, but that never even crossed my mind. Alot of the bible can be interpreted to mean something beyond the literal meaning, so this could be what the author was trying to get across. Good thread, but it might get moved to Spirituality and Philosophy.

And, does it directly refer to the 'antichrist' as being male in the Bible? Idk, I've always thought of the antichrist as big government, big brother type shit, rather than a person.

5. Interesting thought...me thinks you're just stoned.......then again I don't take anything from the bible literally except the common knowledge.

6. the bible was never meant to be taken literally at all.......
    religions try to say otherwise at times but that is just what "people" say it means
    its a strange book in how it works you can read something one day and may mean something important to you personally because of where you are in life and what you are going thru
    and then the same thing can mean something completely different to you at another time

as for the mark..... it also says noone will be able to do business (buy or sell) without it this goes along with the microchip idea....my dad has been telling me sence the first micro chips were made that this would be the mark
    hell scan your chip at the store by running your hand over the scanner like you do your atm or bank card now?
    and with technology the way it is now once you have the chip they could know exactly where you are at all times
    the possibility's are endless of what they could do with that chip
    i have a few of my own theory's bout the chip i will share some when i have put alittle more thought into it

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo]YouTube - NORTH AMERICAN UNION & RFID Chip TRUTH! Must SEE[/ame]

Fast forward to 6:50

8. #8 notbakedenough, Dec 23, 2009
    People have been marking themselves since pretty much forever. Usually to associate themselves with one group or to dissociate from another. Marks are everywhere, commercials, logos on clothing, etc.

Its pretty easy to say a powerful leader will rise and mark the people, I mean it happens every time a country changes hands and the uniforms of the army change. Or how in medieval times, color was a very important marking on the battlefield distinguishing you from the enemy.

This whole antichrist crap is getting about 2000 years too old. Most scholars believe that the description of the beast is more of a metaphorical description of the Roman Empire; who were being the cruel, oppressive, and christian BRANDING assholes at the time of the book's writing.

9. i know there are some who claim obama is the antichirst. although i do believe him to be a giant douchebag asshole who is a more smooth and articulate form of bush, i do not think he is the ac.
    the ac is supposed to be virtually universally liked and admired. according to bho's latest approval ratings, the majority disapprove of the job he's doing.

10. fuck a chip!, this will be the mark if anything:eek:

http://somarkinnovations.com/technology/

The Patented SOMARK ID System

The SOMARK technology is based on an ink tattoo unique to the industry. We have a competitive advantage with a lower price point, 100% retention, easy application and reliable identification.

What's more, injection of our product is short and simple. No shaving is required and the process takes a few seconds.

Currently, we have three U.S. issued patents.

TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW

The SOMARK identification system is a chipless radio frequency identification (RFID) platform. Typical RFID systems use a microchip and an antenna embedded in a tag affixed to an object. The SOMARK chipless system eliminates the high-cost microchip and antenna, instead using simply an electronic ink to create the identification ‘tag'. This ink is deposited directly onto or within the object which creates seamless integration of the object and the identification of that object.

Forget RFID Chips - We got tattoos to ID you now!, page 1

11. I think that anti-christianity is the end of a long battle over history and all documents about facts about our time. If there were another Christ incident they would be like a techno-antichrist recording their life and proving miracles or trying to end war in the future.

Maybe with this mark of the best idea people have to find a reason to use their hands and heads in new ways to evolve.

12. If the bible isn't meant to be taken literally then how can a whole religion be based off of it?

13. Honestly, anyone that believes in all that stuff and reads soo deep into, like you, is just a religious quack....sorry to smack you with what I believe in. Peace.

14. #15 dirtydingusus, Dec 23, 2009

a whole bunch of religions are based off it and they were all started by "men"
    many of them take one of several messages that can be found blow it out of proportion and run with it

religion is synthetic =man made
    even in the bible that they claim to follow -no where does it say build a big pretty building and pass the plate
    it actually says "church" is anywhere 2 or more people are gathered in my name-

the spiritual lessons in the bible require no religion at all to be understood
    and can be interpreted in many ways depending on perspective
    to get anything from it one must read between the lines
    that is where the real messages are found

15. yeah i got one put in my dog yrs ago

16. i've read that up to 10% of animals w/the rfid implant develop cancer. i think it had something to do with the battery leaking harmful chemicals.

17. Ahhh....I think you do understand.....that religion is an opiate for the masses.

18. To get anything of it, read between the lines? You sound like a detective for CSI

19. yes i agree that is exactly what it is

lmao! true - but it is a mistake to take anything at face value - that is what the "sheep" do

and most people are "sheep" they need to be told what to do and how to do it
    this is why religion has been so successful in maintaining control over what so many people think and do and believe