a question about sharing a reservoir between 5 dwc buckets

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by fizzle, Feb 25, 2007.

1. hey guys, I just setup my new hydrohut and lighting and ventilation. I am planning on doing a 5 plant dwc system using 5 gallon buckets. I have a Hanna continuous PH meter, I was wondering, I have read some post about using a controller and a reservoir to manage ph/ec/nutes throughout multiple dwc buckets, but I was wondering if it can be done without the controller. Can I simply use a sump pump to feed each bucket 24/7 and have all the buckets drain into say a 40 gallon reservoir? Anyone got some ideas please shout out!

2. w/ only 5 plants, why not just swap the water out each time you gotta replenish?

Just have 5 extra 5 gal buckets.... You can buy a big trash can fill it up w/ water a day ahead of time (32 gal trash can $15 at wal mart), then fill new bucket w/ water, balance your nutes and ph. Then just lift the plant and lid off old bucket, drop it in.

3. I am wondering about sharing a reservoir so I can just leave me Hanna Grocheck in it at all times and make it easier to manage all my buckets, but I dont have enough room for both a controller and a reservoir (recirculating dwc), and I don't think the reservoir would be needed really since I have only 5 plants. I just want to be able to have a "control-reservoir" to make it easier to balance. I'll probably be cleaning out every 2-3 weeks (hydroguard) and my room is SWEET!!! Hydrohuts are awesome! anyway,

I guess IM LAZY but oh well.... I spent $150 on a damn ph/ec/temp continuous meter and want to put it to good use! Let me know what yall think plzz .

Peace
    Fizzle Berkensniff LMG (legal marijuana grower) [​IMG]

4. I read the same about the reservoir, and did it, makes life so much easier testing nutes etc, and not disturbing things in the growing area all the time. I have two pumps, the thing i like is it kinda also re-circulates everything plus adds extra oxygen to the water.

I would do it :)

Attached Files: