A question about SCROG

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jojojo, Mar 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. hello,

sorry if this is a dumb question, but ive read so much about scrogging, watched videos, and I just dont understand this part.

I am about to do my first scrog grow, i understand everything about what I need to do and what will happen except one thing, how do all the big colas appear if the bits that are coming up from the screen are only a couple of inches tall? like how much more do you let the plant veg before switching to flower after the screen is full and youre done tucking all the stems under? from what ive seen from growing so far is a bunch of smaller buds grow together along a good sized length of stem, and thats what forms a big cola, so if i just fill up a screen by tucking and tucking then bam switch to flower, where are the stems that the colas will be formed on going to come from? do i let the plant veg and grow up from the screen for another week or more after the screen is full or will the time it takes before any flowering sites appear be enough time for stems that will be long enough to create a big cola to form?

thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. This is an excellent question. Here is the answer. You have a couple options. First it is standard practice to flip to 12/12 when the screen is 70% full. The screen fills in the rest of the way during the stretch portion of the flowering (first 2-3 weeks). Option two is fill the screen and flip, allowing the plants to stretch straight up from the screen forming colas.

• Like Like x 1
  3. This is an excellent question. Here is the answer. You have a couple options. First it is standard practice to flip to 12/12 when the screen is 70% full. The screen fills in the rest of the way during the stretch portion of the flowering (first 2-3 weeks). Option two is fill the screen and flip, allowing the plants to stretch straight up from the screen forming colas.

4. hi thanks,

this is what i was thinking, but it just seems like the stems coming up from the screen wont be big enough to form the big colas, but yes i will just do it and then ill understand.

thank you.