A question about Christianity.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by The Stud, Nov 20, 2014.

1. So, if Adam and Eve were the first people on the planet, and Cain and Abel were their children. God 'banishes' Cain. Cain says something like anyone who finds a murderer wandering around like that will kill him.

Who would kill him? Him, Adam and Eve are the only people on earth?

I read this on the internet, so it might be completely false, lol.

2. Adam and Eve probably also had daughters, or else Cain wouldn't have descendants. Meaning our whole world's population came from a guy putting it in his sister. Unless Cain was a hermaphrodite, who enseminated himself and gave birth.

When Adam and Eve are banished from the garden of Eden, they go to The Land of Nod.

You have remember that Jews don't look at the Genesis origin story as Christians do.  Christians are very fundamentalist about it. 

Why would God make a commandment, the first one at that, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."  Implying there are other Gods in which to put before him.  The Judeo-christian God is the god of the Israelites.  Adam and Eve are the progenitors of the Hebrews, they are not necessarily the first people on earth.  But, as I said before - it shouldn't be viewed fundamentally, it's a creation story written by Moses.