Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A question about bongs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by droppedmybong, Apr 16, 2009.

1. I understand how a bong works,
    but on more expensive bongs there's like another chamber in it with water, and those add on pieces like A/C or something and diffuser? Can someone please explain all these parts/pieces.

2. Ashcatchers attach to the stem hole of the bottom of the bong and they can be percolated and can no be percolated, but they are just a chamber with water that the smoke filters through, and if any weed gets pulled through it falls in the ashcatcher so i doesn't get your bong all dirty. Makes for easier cleaning.

Percolaters like I said can be in an ashcatcher or in the tube, basically if you have a tree perc setup, you have little tubes with slits on the end that sit in water. The smoke comes up through the tube into the small percolated tubes and filter through the water, once again for extra filtration=smoother hits.

That's the basic jist of it, and there are tons of different setups, you could have tree percs with 8 individual tubes and you could have 3 sets of those, you can have tree percs with four tubes in an ashcatcher and another ashcatcher on top of that. There's also dome percs but I don't want to get into that.

3. extra chambers. ash-catchers, diffusers, ETC Basically cool the smoke so you can take bigger hits and get higher

4. The extra chambers that you see is called a perculator, the pupose of this is to further cool the smoke and also to help filter out any other unwanted plant matter. A diffuser is a type of downstem with many little holes instead of one big one, the purpose of this is to spread out the smoke better for better filtration into the main chamber in the bong. An A/C is an ash catcher, the purpose of this is just basically the same as the perculator except that it is done externally. They also help to "catch the ash" as it falls through the bowl so your actual bong will stay alot cleaner too.