A Puzzling Dilemma... (Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated)

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Ptosis, Apr 28, 2014.

1. So,  I have decided to join Grasscity in order to potentially get an answer to a problem I've recently been experiencing when smoking marijuana.

Basically, when I smoke weed my right eye gets incredibly droopy (much more so than the left one).  When not smoking, there is a minor difference (right still a tiny, tiny bit more droopy than the left), but it seems that almost instantaneously after smoking pot (regardless of quantity or quality of the herb [tested this with "straight mids" to some wonderful medicinal grade weed]) the lid will droop significantly.

I have spent numerous hours obsessing on the interwebs regarding this issue and have found a few people experiencing similar issues, but all of the posts on their threads / blogs seem to be from people that are of no real help, saying things like: "Stop smoking"  "Ur just bak3d bro"

The droopiness is accompanied by a slight pain (I have had my eyes examined thoroughly by a neuro-optphamoligist and she said nothing more than "You have allergies, use these topical steroids."  Needless to say, the steroids did not improve this issue at all.  The pain is likely from the "allergy bumps" under my eyelid, next step will be antihystamine eyedrops, I think

I have many running theories as to why this occurs some of which include:

- vasodilation from marijuana interfering with something in that eyelid (but this seems very unlikely, as I've had an MRI and MRA with and without contrast of my head, brain, orbits and neck with normal results)

- muscle relaxation effects of marijuana

- pseudotumor cerebri (a neurological condition I have, diagnosed based on exclusion of other causes of raised intracranial pressure interacting with the dilated blood vessels from pot), but there is very little association between PTC and ptosis (drooping eyelid).

I will answer any questions you all might have and greatly appreciate any help you can provide me with, as this is really bothering me (I have ceased smoking pot temporarily due to internal reduction / fixation surgery of my clavicle, this is going down on Wednesday, wish me luck).