A Psychedelic Misconception

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Alphå, May 29, 2009.

1. & same as MDMA. then they made it illegal and people get hurt from sketchy street pills... kinda backwards if ya ask me...

2. i told my friends im going to do acid and they freaked out like its gonna give me cancer.

3. haha funny ass story though. i always just thought it was a joke;)

:vent brother, vent

4. blame walt disney for the pink elephants.
    this is the scene where dumbo got drunk, and this is his dream.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nwNPaYoTY8"]YouTube - Dumbo - pink elephants on parade[/ame]

5. i told my friend who also smokes once that i was going to take a couple hits of acid and he was like, "dude that stuff can paralyze you, people have died just from taking it one time!" wwwwooooooooooooooooowwwwwww. and this is coming from a guy whos tried coke before. not hatin on coke heads i just consider it a harder drug

6. I get that from smoking weed, and I've never done acid before.. Shit, I used to get that before I even started smoking weed, just from staring too long at tiles..

What? Are you sure? I'm pretty sure psychedelic drugs are in the category of hallucinagens, along with dissociatives.

"A psychedelic substance is a psychoactive drug whose primary action is to alter the cognition and perception of the mind. Psychedelics are part of a wider class of psychoactive drugs known as hallucinogens, which also includes related substances such as dissociatives and deliriants. Unlike other drugs such as stimulants and opioids which induce familiar states of consciousness, psychedelics tend to bend and twist the mind in ways that result in the experience being qualitatively different from those of ordinary consciousness. The psychedelic experience is often compared to non-ordinary forms of consciousness such as trance, meditation, yoga, and dreaming."

and also

"The general group of pharmacological agents commonly known as hallucinogens can be divided into three broad categories: psychedelics, dissociatives, and deliriants. These classes of psychoactive drugs have in common that they can cause subjective changes in perception, thought, emotion and consciousness. Unlike other psychoactive drugs, such as stimulants and opioids, the hallucinogens do not merely amplify familiar states of mind, but rather induce experiences that are qualitatively different from those of ordinary consciousness."

7. man.. my brother is one of those ignorant people.. he tried to tell me that acid will forever stay in your system and that it will come out in any future drug tests.. pisses me off.. i still wanna try it..

8. i hate how every one i knwo has an uncle who has a friend who thinks hes a glass of oj yo

9. goodd rant-let out alot of peoples feelings towards psychs lol.

but not to hijack your thread, another rant with pychs, why are they so outlawwed?

its just simply not logical. lsd-25 is less dangerous than alchohol, tobacco, even the great marijuana, yet its a schedule I drug. "it puts holes in teh brain" my ass it does. its a very safe chemical, its what you do on acid thats irresponsible, and if you are a irresponsible person, you shouldnt use it. you could die. much like alchohol. dmt, we most likley have it in our brain, at the very center, yet its a schedule I drug even tho how safe it is. you need dmt to survive. i just think our whole gov. system is simply absurd on the way they look at drugs and substances that impair your mind, that make you think differently.

10. word.

11. i also enjoy the, my friend was on acid and stared at the sun his whole trip and went blind story.

12. Because lsd was making an entire generation realize how retarded the Vietnam war was.

13. true true. you know i forget her name but the lead singer of jefferson airplane was gonna put lsd in the presidents drink at a party. i think it was Nixon. thatd be pretty badass way to make someone beleive how harmless the substance is, or then again how bad it is. but they wouldnt let her in lol. it'd be a cool story to tell your grandkids lol.

14. I would argue that the problem is more broad than that.

People were taking LSD just to get fucked up. People with no experience would hear about it, decide to trip, and have a horrible experience and fuck it up for the rest of us.

I think LSD should be legal and only available for distribution by psychiatrists in a psychotherapeutic session.

15. good idea. i do also beleive it should be legal, and regulated much like ciggerettes or alchohol.

16. I can't stand people who think think LSD/ Shrooms will fry your brain and make you retarded. Also the pink elephants gets me too! I have a friend who asks me how much acid you have to take to see shit like you're living in alice in wonderland and i'm like dude, you won't ever see that!

17. this guy I knew from school told me he knew a guy that ended up thinking he was a glass of orange juice after eating acid

I had no idea that was such a widespread story/myth HAHA

18. Seems like everyones heard about the orange juice thing

Apparently it came from anti-drug ads in the 60's

19. guess I'm just gullible heh

most common misconception I hate about shrooms and LSD are that you see things that aren't really there, and I especially get annoyed when people talk about trips where they've seen things that they're obviously lying about

20. The story about people taking acid then thinking that their veins are snakes so they bite or cut off their arm is common where I live. Also jumping in/out of windows.