A problem with your file! Error

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by Prophet216, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I get this error lots. What are the picture file requirements here? I feel like I must be dancing on the limits of file size

2. me too it just happened within a month or so and most of mine get the error code

3. oh i cant even upload any photos here so i gave up. some said taking screenshots helped them and shit but it doesnt work for me. its not about file size or anything.

4. I travel a lot and depend on my limited amount of Phone Tethering for much of my Grass City work. I do all of my site building on PC as phones SUCK. :) So I long ago realized I needed to use the smallest pictures my Phone will take as I construct and repeatedly visit my own journal to avoid burning through all my precious, limited, tethered data before the month was up. Even that picture-file size continues to go up as progressively newer phones have ever larger minimum size they'll take.

I've been unaffected since this upload issue started.

BNW

5. i cant even upload a 584kb photo. i have these string of photos shot with the same device at the same time but only half uploads and rest gives me the said error. so i dont think its file size.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. That is around the smallest of mine and the rest are 3 meg. So ya I'll have to agree it doesn't seem to be file size.
    <-- knocks on wood I'm not having issues.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Could it be to long of a file name? I'm gonna compare characters in file names next time it happens

8. Any admins wanna chime in?

9. first try with 3.2 mb and no go with a 984 kb so size in fact does not matter contrary to what she says

10. So what did you change?

11. 14F3F867-5199-4E12-A9CE-363A75FD11E8.jpeg 2013EFF3-7031-43BF-8695-60BE8610D499.jpeg 099E69AE-9E98-4C66-BF81-02505169B0A8.jpeg

tried 3 cannabis photos, only 2 uploaded 1 didnt and the screenshot ofc

• Like Like x 1
  12. This is super annoying. Half of the pictures I want to load fail, how is that's such a persistent problem on such a long standing forum

• Agree Agree x 4

13. Well aware of the issue: Are You Having Issues with Posting Pictures?

I've tried for months to get this issue resolved. I talked to @Lizard King last week about it and he said he might be able to get to it in about 3 weeks or so. He's very busy with the Grasscity Shop as it comes before the forums.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.