A Pre-Valentine Flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by beerslayer, Feb 14, 2007.

1. I have read a lot about when to pluck the flower. It seems like a lot of visual indications and personal preferences when it comes down to it. :confused_2:

I have read the cloudier the tric's are the heady the dried flowers are to smoke and when the tric's turn amber it is more of a body buzz. The strain has a lot t do with it also but I want some serious input from the peps on the City that have been doing this for consecutive runs. It has been awhile for me and I am close. Looking at the tric's the first hues of amber is showing on one flower under the glass. It is train wre and they have been in for about 8 weeks tomorrow.:yay:

Thanks for reading and giving me your thoughts.

Happy V-Day!!!!:love: :metal:

Attached Files:

2. If the trichs are starting to turn amber they are ready to harvest now if you want, or let them go a little bit longer to suit your tastes. A few points:

- Check the trichs under regular light, not under HPS which can make everything look amber.

- All buds on a plant don't necessarily mature at the same time. Check the trichs on each bud before harvesting it.

- Same for different plants, even if the same strain grown at the same time.

3. yelp what toasty said and they don't look ready yet.

4. You pretty much said it. Mostly genetics, but you can tailor it to an extent. I like to harvest early myself, when only a few have gone amber.

5. That is an awesome article Kamel. The ones attached to this article were from a plucking about 1.5 weeks ago. The tric’s are turning amber very slow and the flowers keep popping out. It is amazing, it is turning into popcorn and it makes me afraid to pick too early if the flowers are still bulking up. They just can not can not support the weight anymore even the lower branches are drooping..
    </o:p>
    Thanks for all your advice and stay tuned for some of the better pix.:metal: