A Powerful Marijuana Induced Meditation

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by graaly, Aug 22, 2016.

1. I had an extremely powerful meditation experience whilst quite high on a brownie. l experienced all sorts of visualizations, I began speaking in third person and felt a deep connection to the frequency of the music that I was listening to. It's super hard to describe but the best I can do is to say that it felt something like a oneness with the frequency or vibration of the music. Answers to deep personal questions came to me with a distinct and definitive answer and the answers made complete sense. During this experience I would go in and out of deeper states. It the lighter states I made notes. Upon a sober review of the notes I made, the answers still made complete sense. Whilst it's fair to say that some of my notes were wacky high stuff, some deeply move me and one of the notes was to share this to story and get a conversation going around the techniques I (and others) have discovered. I have since repeated the experiment/meditation twice but smoking it instead. Those experience were not as intense, but I also wasn't as high either. I used trial and error to see what would induce or slip me into that amazing stream or frequency of consciousness. For what it's worth, I have included my instructions below for you to experiment with. I'd love to know if this technique works for you and also what other techniques you might have discovered (if you have one to share?). Down the track I may be able to refine the method as I experiment more. But for now, thanks for reading, and here goes...
    1. Memorize the steps below. If you stop to refer back to this, I doubt it will work. It's an internal experience so external (other than music) is only a distraction (I suspect)
    2. Get high (yes yes haha, but it IS a step). Pick your timing, do it a comfortable space, when you are feeling open and when you know you will uninterrupted. Maybe turn your phone off too. I like the room to be dimly lit or completely dark.
    3. Immerse yourself in music at a high volume on decent speakers or headphones. Do not turn the volume up so loud that it damages your ear drums though. I like ambient music with epic crescendos, the crescendos help induce the state (for me anyway). I love Ben Lee's "Ayahuasca: Welcome To The Work" Album or just about any "Sigor Ros" track. This could be my own personal taste influencing my thoughts here so go with your own instincts
    4. Physically relax the jaw and gently shut the eyes, they may flutter and the jaw may relax further as you go into the state. If you notice it, just let it happen.
    5. Look into the blackness (of your eyelids), focus and look at what is there. Is it really just blackness or is there anything else, even smear or shade of a different tone or color or whatever
    6. Now follow (perhaps imagine in your visual field) what the music is doing presently. So for example, now you can hear that beat, and now that strum of the guitar, and now those bells etc. Following the music in this way as it is a sort of pathway. The pathway leads to the induced state. Follow the sound where it goes even if that is back to a distracted mind. If you get there, even the present thought of “now there is a beat” etc fades away. Deep questions may arise now, and answers will come. Visually light splashes around morphing form organic shape to shape(s) and color to color(s)
    7. Too much thinking seems to take me out of the state though, just let the questions come if they come, and go if they go. If you come out of the state, just repeat the steps back in again. I seemed to successfully go in and out like this to make these notes.
    It's worth adding, I think the higher (stoned) you get, the easier this state is to induce but conversely, it can be very overwhelming and may be too difficult to make coherent notes (if that is what you want to do). Please let me know your thoughts and if you experience anything remotely similar or better or worse etc. I'm really hoping it's repeatable in other people and together we can define exactly how to induce it and ultimately learn from it. I feel I have learnt a lot from it already. x

2. No thanks. I turn my meditation time toward God. Never once have I felt a "spiritual" connection just listening to music. I have, however, had this type experience while in prayer...and I didn't have to be high to do it. TWW

3. I would argue that I am equally turning my meditation time towards God, or pure awareness, or higher consciousness (or enter your favorite term here), just facilitated in a different way. But to be fair, I imagine it must feel more sincere or ernest to achieve that state without the assistance of a drug.

4. The mind is a powerful thing.... If you can think it you can see it and sometimes your subconsceince kicks in and you're like WTF was that.

Music is super powerful, spiritual if you're into that whole thing, music can heal. On that note why is man so often "spiritual" is it from a of meaningful experience in ones own life? Meditation can be good for the mind and body, like I mentioned before the mind is powerful. If you can allow (yes ALLOW) yourself to release all frustrations and thought and go to a blank space in you mind (you're in a huge minority) than you can experience a total sense of oneness or nothingness depending on how you view it.

Oh and all this can be done without drugs, but fuck if you got it smoke it!!