a pound a 1000 watt?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hemphero, Aug 17, 2010.

1. With 4 plants under a 1000 watt light, can a experienced grower, with great genetics, using hydroponics vegging for a month and flower for 2 month, see a pound for a 1000 watt light, Ive heard from multiple places itrs true just seeing some opinions.

2. I think a smart and cunning answer for the question at hand is...

An experienced grower would know this.

BADABING!

ZING!

With a good scrog and plenty of veg this sounds possible. 4oz a plant is a lot tho. Experienced or not... I'd go with 6.

3. 0.5 grams of dried bud every month for each watt of light is good, any less and you aren't reaching the potential of your grow.

4. what if they flower only once every 6 months? toss out that per month part and you right on IMHO...

5. 4-6 z's a plant is easy to reach with a scrog...imo..;)

6. agreed.. depending on the strain.

7. In #5 pots under a single 600w HPS, I easily pull 4 oz. per plant. Because I'm lazy I only grow 4 plants out of the 6 that I'm allowed giving me a lb. per cycle.

And I'm considered a piker according to the 'real' mavens of marijuana cultivation where a gram a watt is the required level of expertise to be considered a professional.

Such is life.

LD

8. what's the deal with that gram per watt thing? Is that dry manicured weed? is that wet with stems and leaves?? :p

last run for me was 7 plants, 2000 watts, and a 37 oz harvest of dried buds with no stems.. is that good? :confused:

i mean i was satisfied beyond my wildest expectations.. but according to my math that just over 1000g but 2000w of light.. :confused_2:

9. whether you pulled one gram per watt or not, imo 37 oz's from a single harvest is awesome man:p

10. AW

It originated in the late 1980's when the first 2 seed companies out of Amsterdam published their catalogs. As part of the pitch there would be an entry about yields and the standard was 400 - 450 grams per 1 square meter and at that time the only lights used in Holland were the P.L. Light Systems' product which was only available as a 400watt HPS and because of the shape of the reflector it was not possible to run MH conversion bulbs. This gave way to Philips coming out with their 430 Agro HPS line of bulbs and the extra 30 watts was concentrated in the blue-green spectrum.

Then the race was on who could add to the collective urban legends about indoor growing and the yields that were possible. The nutrient companies knew a good deal when they saw one and by the early 2000's there were claims being made about 1200 grams per 1000 watts of light at Overgrow.com and other sites.

The best illustration that I can give would be this: "The difference between a fairy tale and a war story is that the fairy tale starts with 'Once upon a time' and the war story starts with 'This is no sh*t.............'"

Replace the term grower hubris for war story - at the very least.

LD

11. hell i only pulled about 3 oz. dried bud off 1 blue widow a few weeks ago. she was topped and lst'd and vegged for about 2 months. i didn't think it was too bad going from 600w of cfl's, to a 1000w hps. good thing i have 4 more in flower now, and 4 more set to go in in 2 weeks. i'm hoping to increase the yield per plant without topping or lst, but we'll see. until then i'm content with keeping my money, and growing some world class weed.

to answer the op, with 4 plants it's definitely possible with experience.

12. While I've seen plenty of documented grows that left little suspicion to their 1+g p/w claims, in my opinion g/p/w is not highest on the list of determining a growers skill... says the grower who's never hit 1g p/w :p

To the OP the answer is Yes, no doubt.

13. A 600 & 400 hps in a five by five. With plants in promix fed pura vita organics vegged for a month lst and topped a qp per plant is doable...as a matter of fact that's the goal I'm shooting for

14. good lord you are now my hero. with 2000 watt how big was your growing room?

15. Yields are asked a lot on here. Focus on the grow not the yield. Good grow good yield shitty grow shitty yield. A lot of all of this has to do with you not the plant so much. Growing is not that hard there so much information available nowadays with the internet its sick. Why the majority of all grows fail is probably in the 90% range being the grower and the lack of homework that he or she does. Focus on doing it right and you'll be happy 100% guaranteed.

16. He'll yes, very very doable..I have eight plants under two six hundred hps lamps and I'm expecting just around a qp per plant when dried and ready to smoke...a topped plant verged for a month under enough light, and a g is enough, can bring you a qp...more on some less on others..I had a purple haze no 1 plant that vegged for six weeks, then flowered under a four and a six and it brought almost a half pound..like seven oz dry and done