A poem i wrote

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Thundergoose, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Admiral

Peering forth across the bay, He spots His fleet obstruction
    A quick glance and a threat display,
    He's looking for an inward way

Ghost ship beneath Him that carries on, will surely seek destruction
    A trip and back as a pawn
    An idle treasure He's foregone

The lost and looking will look and lose, eternally that's their function
    A clever ruse He has had to chose
    Power He can not abuse

An easy end is Death's true suction
    Who's armor is enough protection?
    To live and learn ,that must be something

This is my first poem ive written, wanting to know if i should continue?

2. #2 Deleted member 281310, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
    of course you should continue... you wrote it, so you must feel it. Keep on.

Though i have trouble understanding it doesn't matter.

Favorite line though:The lost and looking will look and lose, eternally that’s their function

3. Admiral

Peering forth across the bay, He spots His fleet obstruction ( Looking to the future he knows he has problems)
    A quick glance and a threat display, (a second look re-affrims the struggle)
    He's looking for an inward way (an inward struggle)

Ghost ship beneath Him that carries on, will surely seek destruction (something uknown inside him drives him, but its doesnt serve in his best interest)
    A trip and back as a pawn (he is a prisoner on his own journey [through life])
    An idle treasure He's foregone (who he really is hes declined to realize[so he reamains his own prisoner])

The lost and looking will look and lose, eternally that’s their function (he can look and look for himself but will never achieve)
    A clever ruse He has had to chose (the clever ruse being the decision he made in life which left him empty)
    Power He can not abuse (he won power while making that decision but its was a great and costly responsibility.)

An easy end is Death's true suction (dieing in the most convinient/easy way is what everyone wants)
    Who's armor is enough protection? (but whos strong enough to resist, strong enough to help and correct the path he traveled down)
    To live and learn ,that must be something (he is always lost and looking because he doesnt live and learn)

TLDR
    basically its about past regrets and how to fix the path you are travelling down, though if you never learn from the past, the path will always remain the same

4. good stuff keep em coming!!! u only get better with time. if ur having fun then keep doing it hooker

5. I wrote a whole big thing and mistakenly clicked back??? Anyways i understand it now and you should make more, especially if you enjoy it.

6. Continue...

7. keep goin thats good stuff right there i liked it