A poem I wrote about anxiety

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by impactfour, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Hey all, writing's become somewhat therapeutic for me lately, I was having a rough night, and had to put my thoughts on paper, I liked the result, so I thought I'd share it for feedback, the only line that really needs explaining is a reference to the fact that I graduate from college this spring.

Any constructive feedback is more than welcome, thanks all

Anxiety

I want to take a drill to my head,
    and release the pressure
    of the endless abyss of empty thoughts I encounter,
    as I race through my mind,
    always one step ahead of logic.

There's 20….15…10..5, minutes
    until my alarm goes off
    and I still haven't fallen asleep.
    4….3…2..1, years until the real world,
    and it's moving too fast.
    These numbers are far too small
    for my mind races at the speed of
    thousands of thoughts a second.

As logic bleeds away from my mind,
    by death by one thousand cuts,
    stripping away my confidence
    like vomit strips my teeth of their shine in the morning,
    this condescension spews from me,
    leaving it's acidic taste in my mouth,
    lingering through the day, reminding me;
    its better not to try than to fail.

2. Don't worry about what ppl think about your writings as they are YOURS bro. That's what makes them special. I seem to be able to communicate more thoroughly through my writing. Not having a pudding contest but here's one back at ya titled "Politicians". I have been watching a lot of news and surfing the net cus I'm a hard core reformist and you see a lot of hot air being blown around right especially from the GOP! Politicians: I awoke today from the slumber of a thousand dreams and saw things for what they really are-bullshit! From the floor to the sky in every inbred politician to the smallest ant hill in my back yard. This insipid thing we call freedom is nothing but a farce of enormous proportions at times. At others, mediocre at best. Just a dressed up version of what could be but never is. The truth is a lie and a lie is the truth. What is reality? Does anybody know, does anyone care? How could it be that we as a generally caring people try so hard to make things right; to make things better. Hell, even to get out of bed in the morning only to be unraveled and criticized by the masses to the point of persecution! After all this fallout we still have the desire to be pummeled endlessly until someone or something says "Good Job Buddy"! What a fucking joke!!! Written and approved by Dannie Gillispie, my real name. I guess my style of poetry is sort of story oriented compared to abstract poetry due to the fact that I'm a musician and always took creative writing classes and was thrust into my own mind to see just what's in there. Craziness lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app