Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A place for old fogies?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by smokinokie, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Where do I sign up?

Oooops. That was a question. And we're not here to answer questions.

How have you been?

Damn. Did it again.

So I use marijuana as an escape from joint pain. 4 herniated discs. General popping and cracking when I move around. Doctor gave me pain pills. My pain continued, but everything else felt great. Then I augmented them with a little marijuana. The pain didn't get any better, but who cares. So I drank a beer. And then it was WHOOOPPEE time. I couldn't shut up if I wanted to. I was determined to share what I thought was important to me at that particular moment with whoever was standing in front of me. Made a few friends. Scared a few people. Probably came close to getting my lights knocked out, but wouldn't have felt it anyway. Then came the headache and horrible stomach feeling. So the general lesson here is that at my age, I shouldn't augment my medications. Wish they would just let me smoke pot.

My attempt to share my "vast knowledge of the herb".

Plus I hadn't put anything in this forum in a long time.

2. I've come to the conclusion to not share my "vast knowledge of the herb" unless they're also a toker. It can really offend and piss people off. It's just like trying to explain or talk to a religious person about how our planet is 4.5 billion years old...nothing will get achieved or accomplished. Oh well though OP, let them be ignorant :)

Smoke on, my friend :smoking:

3. I live in the bible belt. Talk like that and you get belted with a bible.

(An old joke. That I refuse to let die.)

4. I recently went to colonial williamsburg and when I visited the apothecary, I asked about how hemp was used in the colonies for medicine. The guy (who was irritatingly "in character") acted like I had suggested the colonists ate their babies or something. He said they used it for rope and nothing else! very sternly and then didn't want to talk to me any more. It was exactly like trying to discuss the age of the universe with a fundie.

And oh btw, I am also an old fogie and not some 19 year old and I wasn't wearing a Bob Marley tie dye shirt or anything.

5. have a 37 year old son, one 35 and one 27 :D and i look 37, don't know why or how it happened. have one friend i talk to (18 year old) about weed and my contact, who is 27. not too, too bad being old and getting older. one thing for sure is this weed nowadays is a heck of a lot better than the stuff we grew up on :hello:

memory is getting a lot better, not as many senior moments and overall the body feels better. why is this stuff still illegal?

6. Old? Age is just a state of mind brotha. If you gotta put an age, I'm 21 and love smokin with and listening to stories from my neighbor(58). Not sure why that's relevant, but people are people to me. No age, race, disability... :)

7. yoga might help your pain too, before you say 'NO THATS GAY' Hank Hill did it so... yeah.

8. #8 JustinCredible, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    nice man talk alot eh, i got a buddy who never shuts up for better or worse haha he sure does rumble-mc-ramble all dam day but hey thats why we love him. anyways man, stomach pains ick definitely a cause by the pain pills not necessarily from combining them but ide say ease off the pills for 3 - 5 days let your intestines catch up with your poop basically lololol. but yeah man blah blah i dunno im high
    my buddies definitely a fogie, hes not old or anything, he just spends alot of time alone and so when its time to actually do something he just talks and talks and talks about things in his perspective which is very fogie-ish

- peace and respect to the older gents, one day i will be there and i only pray a youngin will be willing to sit and smoke a J while i tell some stories

9. I've a daughter who is 37, 30 years younger than I am, so I'm no youngster myself.
    I know what you are talking about when you say your memory is fine and really understand when you say your body feels better.

As far as why it's still illegal, it would distroy the "bottom line" of Corp America if it were legal.