A petition to legalize our favorite herb!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Okay, thought I'd start this in here, Everyone, please go show your support, I found this through msnbc, and it's already got over 50K signatures, but it could use ALOT more, so if everyone here goes to sign it, and passes it around, through facebook, twitter, EVERYWHERE you can think of, this is a good cause that we can all agree on!

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitio...ate-marijuana-manner-similar-alcohol/y8l45gb1

Heres the article I found the petition through: Field Notes - Support for legalizing pot hits all-time high

2. I truly support the cause, but it's naive imo to think that petitions like this, no matter how many people sign it, will overpower the will of big pharma, alcohol and tobacco special interest groups, etc. that give millions to those in power in order for their wishes to be law. It just isn't going to happen. I mean they are cracking down on cali dispensaries as we speak, you think they care about your opinion?

The only form of political action that citizens can take is to try and change local laws, state laws. On a federal level your only hope to to vote for Ron Paul.

3. Yeah, there's a bill that is going through right now that could potentially make it illegal for Americans to be on sites like this.

I'm not going to a government.com linked through here to vote to legalize weed.

4. In case you haven't noticed, theres all these major protests going on right now, because the corporate influences are controling the government. They're gonna have to start listening to their people, especially since it's an election year coming up...;)

5. No they don't. They just have to lie to the people then get elected and break every single promise they made, just like they always do. Again, except for Ron Paul.

6. has a petition ever worked?

what the shit?

7. U.S. Drug Policy Would Be Imposed Globally By New House Bill

8. Y'all are such Debbie Downers...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdDLn1IMeHM]South park Debbie downer - YouTube[/ame]

Nobody likes a Debbie Downer.