A personal philosophy everyone must have!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by agentSB, Dec 1, 2008.

1. 1) Is there a level where you smoke to that feels comfortable, and anymore is too much? The just right amount of high, you feel me? Weed is a medicine like anything else, there is an amount to take and there's always an amount to take too much. Rather than a Mg labeling you get on the side of a prescription bottle, weed is measured in metric for amounts consumed! Not just to be sold/bought at! The right amount of high, not too much …to get stuff done and be chatty but not useless.

or

2)
    Is there an unachievable high that you smoke to until you're out of weed or fall asleep? Or is there just never a problem for you of smoking too much? You pretty much can handle any amount, and hey! It's always enjoyable right? It's weed!

I have come to realize that there are two types of smokers, those who say, "Thanks! I've had enough!", once they reach a certain comfort level and also share the philosophy that it is possible to have smoked to much for pleasure, (1)

and there are also those who will never refuse a joint, or any weed for that matter. They are usually either trying to be as high as they can, often referred to as the unachievable high, or just never feel like there is a "too much" limit they can't handle or enjoy. (2)

Despite your personal reasons that may very, would you classify yourself as the first category or the second? I'm not trying to say either is better, I am simply recognizing that they're different in this one way, this one personal philosophy.

Please share, I'm curious to know which side this forum takes.

I think personally it depends on my night, usually I just keep smoking all night, but sometimes if I'm skating or something I just want to smoke 1 bowl pack and get to skating. Or if I'm about to go to work or read something I'm interested it doesn't go over a bowl or joint. Weekends = as much as you can smoke, everywhere, anytime. Friend's houses, outdoors, indoors, going to the skatepark. Everything.

2. Depends. Sometimes (usually) I like to have a buzz and be in an altered state of consciousness while still being able to function effectively and going out into the world blazed.

Sometimes I like to get baked out my mind at home.

Sometimes I get super baked and go out intentionally, despite the obvious foreseeable problems with this of being caught and not functioning properly - for purpose of revelation and breakthroughs in the 'outside' world while dealing with organized society. To break through my own fears very powerfully - I just get baked out of control and throw myself out into society.

3. #3 Cos Mic, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
    auto-titration.

this is the natural means for determining how much you need.

cannabis i find is quite unique among drugs, in that one can more easily self regulate the quantity used as to fit with the quantity required.

taking a toke over the line teaches one where the benefit is, and when to stop taking more in.

this is "auto-titration".

no need for some left-brain rule of some arbritrary amount to be taken.

we take as much as we need.

its self regulating.

even puking your guts up because you stopped paying attention to the messages your body is sending you is still part of this self regulation. you soon learn it's very unpleasant to puke while at the extreme limits of stonedness, and are unlikely to keep toking once past the line ever again.

having said all that, its all very strain dependent.

some strains seem to have no ceiling, that you can just keep going, and get higher and higher.

some strains may have a creeper high, where the delay between intake and effect is delayed or has a slow climb. you might not have realised you already had enough, but keep on toking because you think you're not getting enough effect yet.

some strains i've smoked (being a sativa fan) just wont let you get to sleep on them, the're so cerebral and mentally stimulating with no sleepy inducing canabinoids. (yes, none. there are sativas with practically an infinite CBD to THC ratio! no CBD at all. hybrid tokers just have no idea what a real sativa can be like)

also, method of intake plays a major role.

many of the devices used can get one FAR higher than a joint.
    FAR.
    further for less bud?

anyways, to answer your question...

i'm in both groups. depends alot on what i'm smoking, how i'm smoking it, and where my tollerences to the various cannabinoids is at.

4. I know how that feels believe me, one evening I decided I'd smoke this whole giant Nug I had in the bag. The next morning I followed it through. I was seriously feeling like I was gonna puke with like 1/4 of it left. I finished it because I wanted to see what would happen if I smoked that much and was committed to the challenge, on top of that, this was all through a gravity bong so none would be wasted, and I didn't loose my self cooughing either holding every hit for atleast a 5 sec. count then hitting again. Needless to say things ended up unpleasent and I stumbled home exhausted. I had just slept 13 hours and had woke up about an hour ago so sleep wasnt going to happen, my body was well rested but my mind was depleted. I ended up lying in bed with my comforter over head, eyelids shut, and lying there awake for 3 hours until I got up to take 2 motrin. My high wore off an hour after that and so I smoked a small dose and relaxed. This is if my memory serves correct which is very possiable it might not have. It feels vivid in my mind but then again I was blasted that afternoon. The things humands do to themselves for experimentation.