A novice question.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ʞɔnd, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Sorry, I just think that something like a nice bubbler and a case could get you filtration and mobility, until you can afford a solid glass on glass joint- the joint just looks to weak to me and I feel like I might break it.

Then again, I'm speaking without the experience of touching the actual piece, so the joint could be more stable then I'm imagining it

2. That's definitely a cool setup, but tbh you're lucky to have even gotten that a/c (which is pretty freaking cool) if you're looking for small or large glass cones, you'll find them, and you'll probably even see some cool worked headie push slides. but attachments like more a/c's, inlines, etc.... you won't likely find, at least I've never seen any and I've owned pieces with slides like these for a while.

That being said, I wish you luck on your search, and post pics if you do manage to find somthing cool!!

3. Thats interesting. I stopped by the local shop the other day when I was working down that way, and I was asking one of the guys about the male and female sizes, and when I mentioned that I was talking to a few people about the 9mm slides, he was speechless when I told him that most people said theyve never seen a 9mm slide and most didnt know it existed. As he said, the 9mm was the most popular size they sell, and was the most common setup he's seen. Although he did say that as popular as they are, glass-on-grommet accessories were a little more slim-picking than the larger glass-on-glass pieces. Actually in the shop itself, surprisingly, their selection of 9mm slides is about 2-3 times the amount of the 12.5mm+ slides, both glass-on-glass, and grommet styles.

For anyone looking for the answer to my question about which size female takes a 9mm male slide, I was told that a 12mm female would be about the proper size.