A NOOB Light Question.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by P0keSm0t, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Today I will be building my grow box and I still have NO clue what kind of light to purchase from the store. I will be going to Home Depot or something like that...

If someone could point me out to the cheapest light/stand for it(IF NEEDED) for 2 plants in something like 1x1x4 or 2x2x4.

Links/pics would be AWESOME.

And if you could explain it to me too.

Thank you!

ALeX.

2. You need to spend some more time in the research phase.

-mu

3. Oh, and I already know a "little" about CFL's...if someone could tell me about that too, that would be great.

ALeX.

4. White CFLs for veg
    Warm CFLs for flower

You really should have done your research, you are probably going to waste money until you buy a book or read up on the web. Hell, just read through the forum and you'll learn more than any user can say in a single thread.

5. your ?s are too broad...if you research more then you will get your questions answered

6. Good luck anyway.

7. Ok, well I will go pick up some CFL's then.

How many should I get for the 2 plants...that is all I really want to know...

ALeX.

8. 125watts per plant if possible

9. always better to have too much, as opposed to not enough. and mj plants can't really have too much light. be sure to plan out ventilation, although cfl's don't put out too much heat. home depot has 4", 6" and 8" inline duct fans for $25-$33 and those things work wonders.

10. You can easily grow under a nice flourocent light? get yaself a energy saving lightbulb and work ya way up if its ya first time ?

11. People differ in opinion about fluoros, they were originally used by most proffessional growers before the HPS revolution. While HPS grow bigger better buds, fluoros can produce some pretty damn good weed. It all depends on what you want to get from your setup really. Flouros are ideal for small spaces because of the low heat, but HPS are great for larger grows.