A New White House Petition Using Their Own Words Against Them

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Bad Lee Driven, Dec 4, 2011.

1. In case you have not seen the white houses response to the overwhelming amount of pro cannabis petitions, here it is

\t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t

\t\t\t \t\t
    \t

The irony of their statements has driven me mad, and I think I have found a way to make them eat their shoe.

By using all their same bullet points to argue in favor and keeping cannabis illegal, I have created a petition using the same points to petition for the prohibition of alcohol. If we can get 25,000 signatures we should get a real interesting response. I urge you to sign the petition and spread the word.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/prohibit-use-alcohol-and-create-laws-punish-those-use-and-distribute-dangerous-drug/s0dDvxzH

Please do our part in asking people to sign the petion

2. "Our commitment to a balanced approach to drug control is real. This last fiscal year alone, the Federal Government spent over $10 billion on drug education and treatment programs compared to just over $9 billion on drug related law enforcement in the U.S. "

They pride themselves on spending 10% more on an education system that doesnt work?

3. when your the government and you don't like what your hearing, you get to make up your own science and statistics. Please repeat after me, drugs are bad mkay.

4. Every year the whitehouse/government seems to do some sort of public online petition.

These "open" public petitions are supposed to be a thing to make you feel like change can still happen (change.org?) & that you can be part of that change.

Every year marijuana and/or end the drug war type petitions dominate the top 10 petitions that have received the most votes.

Every year the government responds to these petitions with the same BS saying that there is no research showing support for medical marijuana (complete BS) & that it is a schedule one drug. Or for the drugwar, they are always sure to say they are working to view drugs as a health issue instead of a criminal one, but contrastingly spend much more on enforcement than they do on treatment.

A few years ago I naively thought "ya, maybe something can happen with these petitions".

Now I just think they are a good bread & circus act.

5. They won't answer a question pertaining to marijuana a second time. I really wish they would, but they won't.

6. [quote name='"NefariousBredd"']They won't answer a question pertaining to marijuana a second time. I really wish they would, but they won't.[/quote]

This pertains to alcohol

7. As a recovering alcoholic 42 months sober I know first hand the demons associated with alcohol, which when compared Marijuana use is 100 times more harmfull to say the least. Would love to hear the answer to this question for the Czar. Why is alcohol legal and Marijuana not? Simple enough but still no answer.

8. I always liked when they claim that "Not enough is known about marijuana" when it comes to medicine. They don't know enough about it to allow treating terminally ill people who are consumed by pain and suffering. They do apparently know enough about marijuana, though, to arrest 1,200,000 American Citizens and fill up our jails to the absolute maximum capacity with nonviolent marijuana offenders.

You would think that, if they REALLY didn't know enough about marijuana, that they would back the fuck up, let us do our thing, and learn a thing or two themselves about marijuana in the process.

9. WE CANT LEGALIZE IT, IT CAUSES ADDICTION, RESPIRATORY DISEASE, AND COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im sorry government, i couldnt hear you over all that bullshit

10. Gil Kerlikowske is a moron. Have you ever seen one dea czar ever present a cogent argument for continuing this drug war? Of course not because there is no reasonable argument. I do think the only way it is going to happen is if someone like Ron Paul gets elected (I like him but I don't think he will ever get the job) or if we manage to get enough states to pass their own laws as is happening now. I do believe that there is a point when the feds will have to cave. I don't think we're there yet. I believe that states are going to have to fully legalize and then when we have say 20 or so states with legalization for recreational use I believe the power will be sufficient to end this stupid and dangerous war.

I don't know when or if that will happen, but I do see it perhaps happening in my lifetime and at 52, that isn't really much time left but I still think it will happen.

11. the white house petition website is a joke. none of the responses have been sincere to date. no petition submitted will create meaningful changes.

12. Well, you got to give them credit, they totally ignore the facts and the will of the people. Yet they urge us to get out and vote and be a part of the system that makes our nation so great...Total Fucking Bullshit....but be a good patriotic citizen and vote, remember your vote changes things...

13. From: Study: Why Teen Pot Smoking Could be a Good Thing (And What We Can Learn From Teens Who Choose Weed Over Beer) | Drugs | AlterNet