a new idea for a grow box...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by bishopthenomad, Jul 14, 2003.

1. sorry to make so many posts, but i am now considering this...

i have an older dresser that i want to gut and use as a growbox. it is 17"x31"x46" (31" wide, 46" height). i think this would be a great growbox that no one will ever suspect at glance. any thoughts or opinions will be appreciated...

bishop

2. sounds a gud size and shape. go 4 it and good luck. was u thinking of a scrog? i aint red any of ur other posts yet so soz if u have said it else where

3. not sure what scrog is...i am thinking about trying to clone a plant from it and growing those two in there...

i am thinking about placing two cool white fluorescents on the sides and using a 100 watt hps...with two fluorescents of 45 or 50 watts and 100 watt hps, do you think it will be enough light?

bishop

4. Your space is what....1' x 2.5' = 2.5 square foot.

50 x 2.5 = 125.
    80 x 2.5 = 200.

So you're looking for somewhere between 125 - 200 watts.

5. And SCROG (or SCReen Of Green), in essence, is training a number of plants upto and through a fixed screen above the pots to maximise bud sites and to make the best use of space in a small setup.

6. thanx so much for the help...i feel like i have learned so much more about growing...is using the "scrog" method hard? thanx again...

bishop

7. have you finished it yet? pictues?