A new found appreciation for cannabis.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ynnadkrap, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Ive been smoking and enjoying marijuana for a few years now, but not nearly as long I have been fighting my Attention Deficit Disorder. Every since about 5th grade I have been on and off of my ADD medicine. Ive been on a few different medications including Ritalin. My Junior year of high school I transitioned into a safer alternative to Ritalin called Strattera.

After failing multiple classes my Junior year first semester, I decided that second semester I need a change of pace and began taking Strattera. It helped me with my studies immensely. I improved my GPA from 2.0 first semester to 3.2 second semester.

As soon as second semester ended I stopped my usage because I didn't like the effects it had on me. From decreased appetite to distancing myself away from friends an others as well. I continued to not use my medication despite my need for it.

After failing a few classes last semester in college I made the decision to go back to my medication. I hadnt taken it for a few years now so I wasnt sure how it was going to go. For the first 3 days I took 40mg pills which were the same as my last prescription and finished that with no problems at all.

Today I started my new dosage, 80mg. It was the first time I had ever taken the 80mg pill but didn't really think much of it simply because I had no problems in the past. So I wake up today, brush my teeth, and start my new bottle. All is going well, I was laying in bed just watching TV and I began to feel very nauseated, so badly that it was uncomfortable. I then began to sweat profusely although I was wearing shorts and a t shirt (and its 12 degrees fahrenheit here in chi). After about 15-20 minutes of agony, the side affects seemed to subside. But yet again, it came back, same symptoms. This happened on and off for about an hour and a half. I was going crazy and didn't know what to do.

After a few failed attempts at going outside to smoke, I finally got the strength to get out of bed and go take a quick toke. Immediately after I felt 100% better. Its like someone came and swapped my body or something. This is were my new found appreciation comes in.

Before, smoking for me was just recreational simply for fun and stress relief. But now I better understand the medicinal uses for medical marijuana and how useful it actually can be to patients in pain.

Sorry for the long read, just thought I would share my new found love guys. Peace and keep blazing, best wishes from chicago.

Information on Strattera

2. Bravo! Weed to the rescue. Honestly, they need to hear these stories about the benefits of cannibus before they automatically mark it off as just "another drug." Screw it man you need to email every congress member this wonderful story. Happy tokin!

3. i wish i could get a script to ritalin:[

4. fuck all of those ADD medications. all they do is give me headaches, make me puke, and make my dick not work. especially strattera.