A New Beginning...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by azznerak, Mar 26, 2017.

1. I wasn't happy with the amount of herd I received from my plant. The quality was good, but it hermied and reduced the final amount.

And my incubator plants, for some reason, all died. Not sure what caused the mass kill off but I'm sure it could be a number of things.

So I'm starting a fresh garden straight in my stealth box like I've done before. Only change is I'm not using fabric grow pots, but a little potting concoction of my own design. Hopefully from these four I will have a female from which I plan to clone from.

[​IMG]
    Four little babies all snug in they dirt...

• Like Like x 1
  2. is this going to be a journal? I'll follow along if it is
    did you use new soil?

• Like Like x 3
  3. I did. Two on left are filled with Ocean Forest. The two on the right are filled with Miracle-Gro Indoor Potting Mix. Going to go straight organic on the left ones and do some experimenting with the ones on the right.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Not a fan of MG but good luck! if you got questions ask anytime

• Like Like x 1
  5. Could it have been the MG that caused the last kill off...???
    Just sayin...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Neither am I. Too easy to burn your plants.
    I am getting some Happy Frog, which I plan to use for my female clones.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I thought using miracle grow was kind of a shunned thing amongst MJ growers? I haven't seen any around that swear by it. Now fox farms on the other hand, that ish saved my plants like mana from heaven

Flush I did, I flushdid

8. it is. thats why im following along, to see what happens. hopefully it proves me wrong

9. Miracle Grow has reduced the quality of their base soil (if you can even call it soil from what I've seen) to some seeming dirt substitute and make up for the lack of actual soil by loading it up with chemicals. Some people actually use the stuff...with varied results. You can guarantee yourself that it's going to burn young tender seedlings. Now whether it will be bad enough to kill them off, don't know. I think you need to stop for a minute and take the time to read up on how to take care of these plants. It's pretty basic with a soil grow. The most common mistake people make is not letting the plants dry out enough before pouring in more water and thinking that nutes will get the result they're after. Nutes are just plain old plant food repackaged into fancy bottles with colorful labels to entice you into spending ridiculous amounts of money for them.....if you're NOT doing a hydro grow. They're totally necessary for the hydro grower...who I tip my hat to. LOL Not been brave enough to go that route yet. LOL But the more you understand about the plant itself and how it grows during the life cycles along with how to take care of this plant during the different life cycles, the better results you're going to get. But good grow soil, not watering them to death or burning them up with nutes and giving them actual wattage they need to flower out a nice yield are pretty much the basics. These plants are fast cyclers and given a good soil, how much additional nutrition could they actually need. Sometimes less is more. I've found that more simple I keep things, the better I come out in the end. Good luck. TWW

10. U shouldn't use miracle grow I hear it's not good for cannabis

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. My trial garden, which happened before I joined the forum, consisted of three plants; two in ocean forest and one in miracle grow cactus palm and citrus soil. Out of the three, two were female and one was male, leaving me with two plants, one in miracle grow, one in ocean forest. In the end the one grown in miracle grow ended up being the biggest and produced very good bud. Why? I have no idea. I do remember she did struggle at the beginning, lots of yellowing, but that could have been from me overdoing her nutrients, considering I was and still am a noob at growing. Since miracle grow already is loaded with chems I probably overloaded her, but after a few weeks she took off and outdid her sister. This could have been a random act of kindness from the Universe, but who knows.