A New Age Has Begun

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Jan 16, 2008.

1. :D Today is the day. :D Creativity, love, passion, art, beauty, goodness... it is all Understood. :D The once mysterious "it" is simply the greatest equalizer of all: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY. LISTEN!!! SMILE!! RADIATE AND RECEIVE LOVE NOW.

Bring everyone here. :D Obama... new Hope. We're going to instill our confidence in him. :D Hope and trust for "U.S." The United States.

2. No sources other than me and the consciousness and experiences of all else. :) We're all in it together. :D

This is change. We make it happen.

3. umm sorry to break it to you, but it won't change a thing. But I do love your passion of believing.

4. The old finger trick, eh?

Yes yes. We shall see.
    Unless Allah is playing a trick on the mind. :rolleyes:

5. This is why things don't change, when people sit on the sidelines and cynically comment on others that do have hope. Change can only happen if we are but willing to believe, if even for a moment. What I see around me everyday are people that shoot hope down and all because they lack imagination and the courage to see dreams to fruition.

"Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don't have to try."

~Peggy Noonan~

6. I'm behind you 100% with information technology.

Are you into programming at all?

Edit: I'm currently working on a chat/peer program. I'm disecting MonoTorrent right now, from what I can see the engine will probably be perfect.

It's an example of a Asyncronous messaging program, that has some built in Serialization routines, as well as the very crutial BEncode functions for writing Chuncks into files.

It also maintains collections of things... I actually just downloaded the Open Source the other day and started looking through it last night.

I'm really trying to aproach the application from a different direction then the general Torrent software though, hopefully a good evolution, but time will tell.

In this I've also been working on some GDI+/win32 controls; I've found in Win32 environment .Net just can't do it all.

Anyways, I'd post some screen shots, but i can't compile right now... lol

7. i totally agree with you, not only are the synics holding us back, but the lazy.. the ones who say "i cant change anything, so why try." things would be so much better off if people put in a little effort

8. your optamism is awsome to see... its rare and apreciated!... but obama????:(

9. Couldn't agree with you more. :hello:

10. haha You won't believe what the best programming language is: Truth. Nope, I don't program computers, but I worked with Java a tiny bit in high school lol. By information technology (the great IT), I mean communications. :) Soon it will become free, without the limitations of money and personal ownership, and thus it will become Truthful, because of a common goal: US (the United States of being).

By the way, if any of you know about the meditative utterance "OM", you might recognize the Truthful meaning of "OMnipotent": All-not-I-powerful. Anyone have some other words that you feel you have come to a deeper Understanding of?

11. The reason I have no hope is because the elections are rigged. Do you really believe that all of a sudden these saviors you guys' speak of, whether it be Obama or Ron Paul, are really going to make a difference? There are alot bigger things that the people need to realize. This, as all elections in the past, is just a fucking chirade to have people think they are in the control. Unfortuately, the tables have turned and instead of politicians serving us- we serve the politicians. We have to begin to realize the consistent flaws on having a society based on the heiarchy "triangle" and adopt a "circle" open society.

12. lol You think pointing out that elections in your perception and those of others are rigged is going to help change anything in a positive way? That's called echoing. It perpetuates the system that exists to give it credibility. :) It's called giving credit where it's due and getting out there and fixing something where you see a problem. :) People doubting their own control are those who perceive themselves as victims of an unfair system. Well, what do you think those who have discovered that they do have control over their existence are able to achieve? What if negative views perpetuate negativity in reality? What if our negative views lead us to act one way, indirectly affecting others or leading others to act similarly? :D

NEGATIVITY BEGETS NEGATIVITY. I'll say that once more: Negativity BE-GETS negativity.

13. We certainly do have control over our perceived reality. Of course negative/ positive vibrations effect the way we live. What I am saying is, that rather than putting all this time and energy by working in a crooked system, lets have people work to destroy it and create a true system of living based through love. Every election year there are people who say THIS IS THE YEAR WE CHANGE! And yet life itself goes deeper in the shithole. The fact is, the only way to get elected into office is to lie- and thats the sad TRUTH. Everything is scripted and once people realize that the faster we can evolve into a newer thought.

14. Perhaps we should just learn to vote in the right way. Suspicion is negative, right? It is a "dark"ening force. Let's be "light"-hearted! :D Love the system, but make it better. It took that system to get us here and to the point where we can be discussing this on a forum together.

15. I believe what you're saying is backwards. "Light" hearted people are one's who are against the system and those who love the system are the "dark" forces you speak of.

16. You believe. You don't go check, do you?

17. Sadly bro, I believe the take you have on the situation is exactly backwards. It's we the people that determine what sort of government we have not the other way around. There a lot of Americans today that are under the impression that if they resign themselves to a situation the responsibility belongs to someone else, nothing could be further from the truth. When the populace fails to act they create the kind of government we find ourselves in. The government is WE the people and corruption comes from the bottom up, not the top down. When you point out the corrupt politicians you're doing nothing more than making a note of the general apathy and corruption of the American people. We are not absolved from responsibility simply because we can point definitively at a "problem," not when the problem is more broad than we're willing to accept or admit.

"The whole body of the nation is the sovereign legislative, judiciary, and executive power for itself. The inconvenience of meeting to exercise these powers in person, and their inaptitude to exercise them, induce them to appoint special organs to declare their legislative will, to judge and to execute it. It is the will of the nation which makes the law obligatory; it is their will which creates or annihilates the organ which is to declare and announce it. They may do it by a single person, as an emperor of Russia (constituting his declarations evidence of their will), or by a few persons, as the aristocracy of Venice, or by a complication of councils, as in our former regal government or our present republican one. The law being law because it is the will of the nation, is not changed by their changing the organ through which they choose to announce their future will; no more than the acts I have done by one attorney lose their obligation by my changing or discontinuing that attorney."

~Thomas Jefferson~

18. I could not disagree more. Hoping for change does not bring it, working towards change does. Obama will be no different than any other President, the same agenda will be pushed, the same crap that has been happening will continue to happen. I do certainly hope I am wrong, and time will certainly tell, but somehow, I do not think I am. :)

19. Ummm, you're not paying attention my friend hope is a beginning, if you begin with cynicism that's exactly what you'll end up with. But if you begin with hope and move forward, well I guess you get my point. Change begins not as policy but as an idea, such as hope. We the people will get exactly what we expect every single time, but if we dare to move beyond that so much more is possible.