A new adventure

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by StrangestSmoker, Jan 18, 2018.

1. #1 StrangestSmoker, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Hey guys. Long time without growing. Life got in the way. Still was consuming as usual but having to source it sucked and it was never worthwhile.

Let's kick this off right. I am inside a 2x2x4 tent with a 300 watt Ledgle led from Amazon. My soil will be FFOF and Perlite from HD. As it is right now, I do have two beans soaking in bottled water and hydrogen peroxide. One of them is from Barney's, Pineapple Express. The second one is from Mesphito, Sour Livers.

With the Fox Farm soil being too hot from the get go, it is going to be a straight 50/50 mix inside of those Jiffy starter cups. Not ideal but I just need them to start out for a week and afterwards they are going into 2.5 gallon black plastic pots to finish out their life. Still looking at bottled "organic" nutes from Espoma to finish them out come flower. Plan is to LST these ladies for maximum light penetration. Hopefully before they get into flowering, I will be setting up the 2x2 kit from Rapid Led. Also need to pick up a carbon filter before the Livers start stinking everything up. Once again, a huge thank you to Jack and George from the Vault for their service, and a huge thank you to Mesphito for allowing me the chance to grow these. I'm extremely late as far being in the comparative grow goes but here we go! Come along and give me support and point out my issues that need to be fixed. We all know it's gonna happen and I have to learn from them.

Edit - Licorish Mumma & The Cream grow starts on link below.

A new adventure

Edit - Brooklyn Sunrise grow starts below.

A new adventure

Edit - Brooklyn Sunrise Diesel

A new adventure

Colorado Cookies and Papaya Punch below.

A new adventure

Appleberry

A new adventure

• Like Like x 1
  2. Apologies for the photobomb but the efforts of others always help gain a better perspective of my own. I built twin cabinets on shelves in my small office for veg (50 watt UFOs over 2.5 x 2.5 x 1 ft space) and matching larger flowering boxes on rolling garment carts (390 and 600 watt versions covering 5 x 3 x 1.5 ft) as well as a 2 x 4 ft closet with a 400 watt HPS. My system has eight in veg (20/4) leading to eight slots in flower (12/12). Store bought organic potting soil mixed 3/2/2 with perlite and mushroom compost. Having just added the second LED flowering box, it is serving as an extended veg cab while I get a fresh batch started on the shelves.
    IMG_20180110_100314.jpg IMG_20180115_174436.jpg IMG_20180115_174429.jpg IMG_20180118_135101.jpg IMG_20180118_134758.jpg IMG_20180118_134739.jpg IMG_20180116_224014.jpg IMG_20180116_223955.jpg IMG_20180116_224007.jpg IMG_20180116_223940.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Little tap roots are sticking out of the two beans. They will be going into soil tonight or tomorrow morning.

4. So here we are on day 4 of the new gals having poked their head out of the soil. Temps not going past 77 degrees with humidity hovering around 40%. Tiny little gals. Can't wait for them to just take off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Day 5. Temps sitting at 77 degrees with 48% humidity. I'm not sure which is the Sour Liver and which is the Pineapple Express since I wasn't thinking when I dropped them into the soak. I'll find out more when they start vegging or worst case flowering.

Attached Files:

6. Best of luck with the grow bro

• Like Like x 1
  7. So today's update is that the girl up front is chugging along just fine. Now starting to show her third leaf set. The one is back is slower just showing her second set. I need to go back and review journals to see if the Pineapple or the Liver is a slow starter. Temps sitting at 74 with a humidity level sitting at 40 percent. They both got a 16 oz bottle of natural spring water each. That wraps up day 9 guys.

Attached Files:

8. Day 13. They are picking up steam and I'm glad they are!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Day 15. Girls got a watering today and I also went on ahead with turning on the second switch on the led light.

10. Subbed. Always curious about auto grows

• Like Like x 2
  11. This is my first auto grow and so far it's been easy. Only reason I started this one was for the quick turn around of bud. Next grow will be a photo but I don't know of what. I have got a little stash of beans.

Riot - Bananas and Bubblegum
    Zoolander - Ninja Bubble (Ninja Fruit x Sour Bubble)
    Ocean Grown - Alien Rift
    Bodhi - Goji OG
    Irie - Storm Shadow (White Widow x Arise)

One of those will be my next grow. I have singles and other full packs but those will be later on.

12. Sounds like a sweet seed lineup. Goji OG is definitely on my to-grow list. I wanted to grow autos but figured I'd get a better yield and quality w/ photos but some people really do swear by them.

13. Yup. I scooped up one of the last remaining Goji packs. I am excited for that one since they have some damn good phenos and the grows I've seen of it have been amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I almost want to say that the slower one is the Sour Liver and the other one is the Pineapple Express. Won't be long until they start showing sex and throwing smells.

Attached Files:

15. Day 22. I had an issue pop up with work that has taken away my attention from the plants. They kept growing and are showing preflowers on one plant. The other one is not far behind.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Girls got a feeding of water today on day 23. Need to start looking into getting nutes now. Being out with this broken shoulder has really gotten me bummed out about what all I can do as I wanted to start training them.

17. Day 25. I need to start looking into nutes for the flowering stage that's coming up. They have been living off of whatever is in the Fox Farms for all this time.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. After about a solid month of growth from these plants, I think I have figured out which one is which. Front and right is the Pineapple Express from Barney's Farm. The leaves when rubbed give off an intoxicating sweet and fruity aroma. The left rear is the Sour Livers from Mesphito. I'm getting a stinky rubbery smell from the leaves. I'm glad to have this mystery solved now. The plan for tomorrow is the clean up the bottoms of the plants before they go into flowering and start feeding them nutes.

19. Day 27. The bottom portion of the plants got cleaned up a bit to make watering easier.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2