A myth i've been thinking about.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DriftingApart, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Someone once told me that when growing marijuana you want to put them outside on a windy day because as the plant gets blown over, it builds up a resistance to wind by forcing itself to grow a stronger stem.

I don't know about this "myth" though, I think that wind doesn't have an effect on whether a plants stem grows or not, it just naturally grows bigger and thicker as more leaves grow.

Have you guys ever heard of this before?

2. I don't know about having the wind blow your shit over, but in an indoor setting having a fan blowing on the plant will make the stem stronger over time.

So... I reckon it's true then. Wind/fans blowing on the plant will strengthen the stem.

3. wind helps to build the stalks bigger, bigger stalks bigger buds.

Just like how working out make our mussels bigger. same concept.

fuck milk, wind makes strong bones.

Evil :smoke:

4. You do not want it to blown over, that will break the stem and your plant has a really good chance of dying.

Just get some fans blowing on your plant.

5. Well, actually, i have my plants outside and i've only been putting them outside on days that are sunny and calm because their stems aren't strong enough yet and they're a little top heavy.

One of them actually bent completely over and i put it up against sticks and put it under some CFLs and that fixed it up and made the stem strong again. I feel like i have to baby them at this stage though, when i probably don't have to.

6. idk, but me and a buddy of mine have plants about a week apart from each others and mine is about 2 inches taller, A LOT more leaves, and the stem is about 3 times the thickness of his, he's growing indoor im growing outdoor.