A movie watchers movie

Discussion in 'General' started by The 420 SouLJah, May 31, 2008.

1. Can people post what they would reccomend for a good movie?

I'm talking about a movie kind of like american history X, Crash, Blow ect.. I guess you could say anything with a sort of message? thanks.

2. From my movie collection, I guess these would be my fav:

Man On Fire
    Higher Learning (cheesy as shit acting, but shows the destructive side between racism and hate)
    Blood Diamond
    Lord of War

That's all I could come up with. All of them show consequences for un-needed actions to profit themselves while drinking what little wealth the poor have, and hateful actions towards one another.

Man on Fire is prob. my fav. Based on true events as well.

3. try following a directors work, if you like those films

4. the shawshank redemption
    one flew over the cuckoos nest
    city of god
    schindlers list
    the deer hunter
    v for vendetta
    leon
    the jacket
    requiem for a dream

i would say all of these movies have some sort of message. And they are amazing. Of course there are many many more but these are of the top of my head.

5. Memento
    V for vendetta
    Good will hunting
    gone baby gone

6. Stay (great trippy-ish movie about what goes on inside the human mind. Has a great twist at the end [i wasn't able to tell, idk if you would be able to] a good musical score, and gives you a funny feeling in your tummy after you watch it. Best 2nd time around. Had me crying ;))

Deathproof (Fucking amazing)

Mirrormask (crazy effects. Made me feel like a kid again. Good musical score as well. Has an okay story behind it, but the move in itself is really great. Look up the screen shots. Very computer-animated. And just..all around amazing movie)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (The remake with Johnny Depp. Love it, so artistic)

Movies with good animation: Triplets of Belleville (sp?), A Scanner Darkly, and...ugh, what is that movie called? It's an anime. I don't like anime, but I loved the animation. It's about this group of little kids that have super powers. God, it's escapes me. Oh well.

I also want to add Tideland. That was a weird movie about this little girl and her imagination. And also Hedwig and the Angry Inch is a sweet and crazy musical/movie about a transvestite. Good music. And also Silent Hill is fucking amazing horror movie.

7. Requiem for a Dream, Platoon, Kids, No Country for Old Men, The Thing, The Departed.

Foriegn Films- Breathless (1960), City of God, The Bicycle Theif, Amores Perros, The Motorcycle Diaries.

Directors whose films you should watch: Darren Aronofsky, Jean-Luc Godard, Quentin Tarentino, David Fincher, and Stanley Kubrick.