A most excelent way to dry and cure your weed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by untamedlion33, Jun 23, 2011.

1. #1 untamedlion33, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
    Now thi is tried and true. I just smoked a bowl using this technique and it was mind numbing compared to the buds i cut from the same plant.

You need:
    Fresh cut buds
    Honey
    A microwave safe cup, pref. Coffee cup
    A spray bottle
    A lighter
    A bowl

Ok so hang your buds upside down in a hot plce like an attick just for a day, maybe a little less. Take your buds put them in a glass jar. Then take your coffe cup and fill it so its a little less then half full. Then add some water so the cup is now about 3 quarters full. Place the coffe cup in the microwave for about a 2 min or until the honey has a liquid consistency. It will be pretty hot so be carefull. Give it a good stir and let it cool to only slightly above room temperature. The min it gets cold it will thicken up again. Quickly take your spray bottle and fill it with the honey over a sink. It gets a little messy. Screw on the top and take the jar of bud and spray a fine mist in the jar. Don't be too generous because you still have to fully dry it. Close the lid of the jar an give it a good shake. Mix all that honey together with you buds like a salad shaker. Open the jar and let the buds sit under a hot light such as halogen. Every now and then come in and shake the buds over the course of 3 maybe 4 days. When the bud is nice and dry give it one more spray but only maybe 2 squirts at most. Shakeit up and let sit in a cool dark place for a week or longer. I use to shake mine once in the morning and then at night. You can do it when ever.

But the magic really is in the honey, you can dry it any way you want really. It gives the weed a very smooth smoke, the bowl burns longer, and the taste is a pleasnt familiar yet "I can't quite put my finger on it" taste. Often the last bit of the bowl its a blast of honey covered in what can only be described as a head rush. The high seems to last a long time with honey as well. It definitely improves the smoking experience, the high is very good too. And for some growers interested in weight, well it will give you a few extra grams. And certainly a lot better than salvia or windex. the diffrence is very noticeable. i suppose you could add a spray to already harvested and cured weed too if you want to try this.

2. This goes against everything that is known to be "tried and true."

3. wtf... you put honey on your bud?

thats pretty silly to me.

and if your going to water cure, its a week process of replacing water in the jar.

not this much work...

4. #4 untamedlion33, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011

It comes from an organic way of curing tobacco that has been used since tobbacco came to europe in 1400 something. the process is very similar to that and it always provided great resaults for quality smoke that burned slower, felt stronger, and tasted better. for those of you who are cheifs you know there are two things you can add to anything to bring out flavor and give a consistancy of flavour by adding either salt or sugar. anything salty or sweet brings out flavor and aroma. thats why when you bake a cake you dont taste baking powder on one side and choclete on the other. and it produces very good resaults. more so in the smoke. if your gonna knock it before you try it go ahead, but your the one missing out, lol.

5. They had halogen lights in the 1400's?

6. ill give it a try with a little nug one day.

might as well try it before i deny it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Doesn't that jack your spray bottle up?

8. #8 untamedlion33, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thts why you boil it with a little water. So it gets more viscosity.

9. #9 untamedlion33, Jun 23, 2011
    And of course not they had tobbacco

10. #10 untamedlion33, Jun 23, 2011
    Like i said dry it however you want just spray it the second day its drying, shake it every now and then. when its dry give it a small spray then cure.

11. I'd give it a shot !!!

12. I would say the majority of the people of the world today are unsane. Not insane. Unsane, meaning having been exposed to methods of evaluation that have long been rendered obsolete. Jacque Fresco

13. Lowers the viscosity i think you mean. VISCOSITY means friction basically. So the higher the VISCOSITY , the higher the friction and the more sludge/sticky like the substance will be. Honey has HIGH viscosity, water has LOW viscosity. So you would want to LOWER the viscosity. Sorry im just a geology major so i had to point it out.

14. #14 untamedlion33, Jun 23, 2011
    What ever bro it makes it wetter so it dosnt clog your spray bottle and distributes the honey evenly

15. I'm not putting the method down or saying it doesn't work. I was merely stating that it goes against everything I ever read. But hey, so does water curing. And it works.

I'll bookmark this and give it a shot with a small batch and see how it works. Granted, that's months away.

16. Definitely gets the innovation award for the day; sounds cool to try, who doesn't like honey...

17. Innnnnteresting

Attached Files:

18. #18 hodji killer, Jun 24, 2011
    Lol wow

19. #19 untamedlion33, Jun 24, 2011
    Ikr lol

20. Never use real honey, it'll clog your atty real quick. Lorann Honey flavoring is okay in low concentrations, and I think FlavourArt is better if you need to use a lot.Honey flue cure??