A monster Bodhi Prayer Tower and other water-only organics

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by buero, Apr 11, 2014.

1. #1 buero, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    I learned a lot here a long time ago. Thank you Grasscity. It led to a decent ongoing grow.

I got a special Prayer Tower pheno recently. Here it is at 9 weeks, grown under 400 watt lights:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's been curing for 10 days. I'll do a smoke report soon. I can say now that it is potent and tastes like fuel with a hint of pine.

2. #2 donothinggardening, Apr 11, 2014
  3. Welcome to GCO Buero - beautiful results.

J

4. Good job man  :smoke:

5. wow, that is an impressive cola. you said 400w "lights"? how many? 

6. #6 buero, Apr 11, 2014
    Thanks a lot ya'll.

FarmPutz its a 7 x 7 room with 5 lights and 20-30 plants.

Here's part of the room. These are some testers from Bodhi. The White x Goji OG and Pinequeen x Appalachia. Oh and one Buddha's Hand:

[​IMG]

They are all in the same soil. They all only received water their whole lives. No teas or anything even. You can see who are the heavy feeders.

7. So 5 400watters? Very nice. That fade is gorgeous on the heavy feeders, the colors are beautiful. What soil mix did you end up using? IYDMMA... :)

8. #9 buero, Apr 11, 2014
    Oh it's just a recipe used in Square Foot Gardening called Mel's Mix.

1/3 compost
    1/3 vermiculite
    1/3 peat moss

I add the same amount of used soil to it (like another 1/3 if that were possible). The used soil brings the established microbes and fungi. The compost is from my yard.

Soil structure is more important than content or nutrition. That's why hydro does so well, it gives a perfect root environment. Mel's Mix gives a very good root environment, but is better than hydro because of the relationship between the plant and the organisms in the soil.

9. Wow, you must have some high quality compost! No other amendments in your soil? Talk about minimal input maximum output! :)

10. #11 buero, Apr 11, 2014
    The best compost is from leaves. Leaves are some high-tech shit.

Pinequeen x Appalachia at 7 weeks:

[​IMG]

In my opinion many amendments are just products. Nature doesn't use products and usually provides something better near where we live. I know some people have to buy amendments and cook their soil due to their situation, and that obviously works great too.

11. Some rockin genetics there! Gorgeous....

12. #13 buero, Apr 11, 2014
    Seriously good genetics, yes. I'm so glad I hooked up with Bodhi. I'm not doing anything special here. He makes some strains that really shine in my garden. That's another organic principle I learned: find plants that work well for you in your specific environment.

13. I tested Twisted Fruit v2 for Motarebel awhile back.

[​IMG]