A moment of TRUTH in mainstream media

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ryeseisi, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Very nice.

I hope everyone who comes to this forum watches this. :hello:

2. good video, but id like to see it without music or maybe turned down, too much inception for me lol

3. No shit. The overly dramatic music and edited commentary take this from the realm of truth and squarely into propaganda.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff2jIY2lfqY]Dylan Ratigan - Truth About Our Political System - YouTube[/ame]

heres the version w/o music

5. Thanks, I didn't really mind the music but I guess others do, that's fine.

prop·a·gan·da   [prop-uh-gan-duh]
    noun
    1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.

Yeah, it's propaganda. So is just about everything else related to politics. I don't see how adding music somehow changes a mainstream media broadcast from not-propaganda to propaganda, but to each his own :rolleyes:

6. Well it was a bit much but everything he says is the truth as far as I see it.

7. I love it.

I've said it often...any politician can call out the other 536 politicians in congress/senate/potus as being corrupted and only serving the 1%...
    if Obama wants to fix things, expose the corruption.
    Any of the congressmen and senators want to fix things, expose their peers and/or the potus ... silence when you know your peer is corrupted, taking bribes, has been BOUGHT, then you are as guilty of being corrupted and responsible for the resulting damage it does to this country.

8. Great video! And I loved the music, it adds emotion!

9. Good vid, I cringed when he brought up Teddy Roosevelt though.

10. Great video it needs to spread. Ops send this video to everyone u know

11. Just coming on this section to post this very video.

One more time, because I know some won't click on the link and others will miss the already embedded video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyCRDyDUWQk]Ratigan Blasts US Political-Banking Ties; Corrupt Congress! - YouTube[/ame]

12. D Ratigan is the man, but I don't like how he says "No politician is stepping up"...he knows very well about Bernie Sanders and about Ron Paul...should've given some credit to RP...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcHOuHPdGrU]Ron Paul On The Dylan Ratigan Show About Debt Ceiling & The Fed - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRXzVC_E5s]Dylan Ratigan April 5 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvyFZASY7QE]Ron Paul on MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan Show 5/16/11 - YouTube[/ame]

13. Dylan Ratigan is my man! This guy knows exactly what he's talking about. He's one of the few on MSNBC that isn't a cheerleader for the Democrats.

14. Dylan Ratigan is preaching, and like all preachers he is telling others how to live a life that is not based in reality. Does anyone think there's a snowball in hell's chance Obama will do what he suggests, under any circumstances? And if Obama, or any other politician for that matter isn't going to do it then he's just blowing smoke up the undies. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, I'm saying it just don't matter because it's just ya ya ya.

I guess I'm too cynical because even though Republicans and Democrats are usually on opposite opinion I see them on the same side. Ron Paul don't stand a chance. Although I do admire him for sticking to the libertarian ideals, unfortunately he's not going to make a difference. He should have joined the crowd and then worked to change things from the inside. But he is there fighting the good fight while I stay home toking. I'll give him that.

15. What I got from his rant is that we need to end money within politics and fix our banking systems because they are no longer working for the people. He's suggesting a President stand up and do it, which yeah is very unlikely to happen, but he's not blowing smoke. He's just trying to wake the mainstream people up to what is going on in their own country.

This is exactly what he says isn't going to work, which we all know. You can't change a corrupt Congress from within the corrupt Congress, you have to get rid of it and build a new one. He's suggesting that we have to tear down that which doesn't work anymore (which people have done to their governments hundreds of times before) and rebuild it into something that does. Doesn't sound like a fantasy to me, sounds like an idea that needs to be put into action.

16. Dream on. What we need to do is get rid of all the poorly thought out policies put in place in the last 50 years that have squeezed our economy out of it's health. When we put owls and snail darters ahead of the needs of our people, and called that progress, we started circling the drain. And the politicians that sold out to special interest groups for the price of a few votes need to be swept out of office. It's insane to give a worthless CEO a hundred million dollars just as it's insane to let the San Joaquin Valley dry up to save a fish you can't even eat. Good grief. We need sanity. Build nuclear, drill for oil in the gulf and off the cost of California and in Alaska, frack for gas. Do it all. Use water for irrigation instead of giving a little worthless fish a place to swim. Sending all those petro dollars to the middle east is nuts. Those people just use it to kill us with. Cut them off.

This is stuff we can do, not some vague idea like those few people protesting in New York have. Even those people know they're not going to change anything. And that world protest shit comes straight from Obama. He's the one stoking the fires and pitting one group against the other.

A moment of truth? More accurately a few minutes spent daydreaming. Our system has to be changed from within. That's the only option that real.

17. Look at the new york times today, protest in the streets and around the world yet not one single story about it on the times front page.

18. That isn't going to happen, people have been saying that shit for years. It's the lazy mans term and false hope. How can it be changed from with in, when it's controlled by a established circle that doesn't allow anyone else that might rock the boat to participate. All these politicians running these days are ass clowns for the rich.

19. #20 Cactus Ed, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011

And you expect these people with the power to turn the whole system over because of a very few protestors? Who really has the false hope? You are not living in the real world. You can't change the system without giving up what the system has given.

There are things that need to be changed, for sure, but the only hope is change from within because like it or not that's where the power is. Keep the good and work to change the rest. How are you paying for your internet connection? Are you really living in poverty, and do you personally know someone who is going to sleep hungry? Maybe this system isn't as bad as some have led you to beleive. You're falling for Obama's class warfare tactic. Is it really those fat cats who have made you live in the manner you're living? How bad is your lifestyle?