A Moment of Silence Please

Discussion in 'General' started by HerbalHarmony, Dec 9, 2001.

1. As I sit here and listen to John Lennon's "Imagine" I think that a moment of silence in remembrance is in order tonight my friends....December 8, 1980 was a sad, sad day in history and I have a hard time understanding why such horrible things happen at the hands of our fellow human beings. Why do we as a species insist on desroying ourselves and others so senselessly? Especially if the ones that are being destroyed are so talented like John Lennon was.

"All we are saying is give peace a chance"

Peace, love, and ganja!

2. The Beatles were the best in their day. John Lennon was at the top when he died. His memory will never die!

John Lennon and George Harrison RIP!

3. 1 was in IRAN in till my wife past away ! i went to my brothers to stay there for a little while and get my head to gather my brother vic said ya man read this itll help! vic read hunderds of books a mounth! it was a paper back called strawberry fields forever,john lennon remembered,the lady that ran the library said to vic if you cant find the book youll have to by it ! he said fine and put $10 bucks on the counter and walk out!i think he just liked the book! i read it and gave it back to him!till his death in 91 ,this book is real and i would like to give it to some one i respect and think well enjoy it as much as my brother and my self have !bud head , send me your address by pm ! if you would like this book man!this is not a reprint ,it was printed in 1980.in 81 i gave him the book back when he dead we were trying to clean up his place and the book was setting beside his bed, in side the cover he wrote to my brother !some time before his death! he knew if i saw it i would open the book again!like last words from beyond the grave!let this book guide you it has some of the fineist words i have ever herd! good luck tazz11

4. I was staying with a friend in the City on the day he died. There was a place called Zabar's, where we heading for coffee, and a bite to eat. There was all this commotion by the Dakota where John, Yoko, and Sean lived. When we asked what was happening, Someone said, "some freak shot John Lennon!" My friend and I thought he was lying...why would someone shoot John Lennon?
    My friend lived 10 blocks from him. So we run back to her place...turn on the TV, the radio...trying to find out the truth. We just cried when we found out.
    Why is it that peaceful, loving, socially concious people die such violent deaths? Martin Luther King, Ghandi, JFK...I guess standing up for what you think is right is far more dangerous than just being one of the sheep and going with the flow?

Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
    It's easy if you try,
    No hell below us,
    Above us only sky,
    Imagine all the people living for today...
    Imagine there's no countries,
    It isnt hard to do,
    Nothing to kill or die for,
    No religion too,
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...
    Imagine no possesions,
    I wonder if you can,
    No need for greed or hunger,
    A brotherhood of man,
    Imagine all the people Sharing all the world...
    You may say Im a dreamer,
    but Im not the only one,
    I hope some day you'll join us,
    And the world will live as one.

Writen by: John Lennon© Bag productions inc.

Peace,

5. MY very first 8-track(NO laughing) ever was Sgt. Peppers. After demanding to see the movie, I had a massive crush on Peter Frampton. Crazy, I couldnt have been more than 5yrs.
    But I do remember Lennon being shot and asking my mom why it happened. My father answers and says "I dont know honey, maybe it was a political statement." And I was like what is a political statement? Peace and Love, nate.

6. its when the clinton say i wear boxers and three aids say, yes he dose!lol

7. sorry rainman....you confused me a bit with that one!

peace, love, and ganja!

8. it was a political statement president clinton say he has his boxers shorts on !and three staff aids ,say yes! he dose!

9. The Beatles.. Well, I love them dearly. I grew up listening to my mom's records, and my first tape was a Beatles compilation, my first CD ever was the Beatles White album... The first song I learned for the piano that was not a classical tune was Imagine, and I still to this day can sit down and play it, though I end up crying most of the time that I do..

My best friend is a Beatles fanatic, with their figurines, blankets, watches, buttons, bags, shirts, lunchboxes, I mean her entire house looks like a Beatlemania type store. She even has John Lennon's glasses tattooed on her back. I love going to her house and listening to her stories about the Beatles, as she grew up in that generation (I'm 24, so didn't witness the Beatles while they were still in action).

I hate thinking about unjust and unexplained death, life is so precious and I particularly am saddened at the deaths of those who have so much brilliance and love to share with the world... John Lennon, and now George Harrison.. may they RIP..