a mistake?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by mookee, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Well I posted this under spirituality, and I don't know if i made a mistake by doing that, but I do find this spiritual, but the artwork is just amazing, just one of the many artists I respect and enjoy their work... This is a copy of my previous post, hopefully it wont be a problem to repost...

Hey wut's up everyone? This is my first real post, and I'm only posting to hopefully get through to some of you. I've been reading and reading and thinking and thinking... I'm pretty much fed up with this world and the way things are going. Well I rarely find sources of inspiration, like most of us, but I'd like to share this with you guys. Hopefully it will give you hope...

"Current drug laws are repressive and violate First Amendment rights protecting our freedom of thought. Since many consider entheogens an important part of their spiritual life, the current laws suppress freedom of religion. This is unacceptable and I will continue to take a stand for cognitive liberty throughout my lifetime. At the same time, these substances are powerful and not for everyone. Some people who are borderline personalities risk shattering their grip on reality. Set and setting are always important to check before any journey inward." - Alex Grey

"The Chapel peels away our accumulated layers of separateness, showing that we are all made of the same miraculous blood, guts, and cosmic dust. For receptive people, mystic art can help catalyze their creative and spiritual path."

This guy and his artwork are truely amazing. If anyone here lives in New York, I recommend going to his Chapel of Sacred Mirrors (go there blazed too) and hopefully you'll be inspired and feel connected to yourself and your fellow humans. All religions welcome. You're in for some crazy artwork that will suck you in...

To check out some of his stuff go here... http://www.cosm.org
    and here http://www.alexgrey.com

2. yeha i love that guy, i have a big sticker of one of his paintings on my window. they were throwing em out at an SCI concert.